Chapter 2 - Loki

She dares to deny and threaten me? Me?! This is absolutely infuriating. She has no idea who I am and what I am capable of.

I will get what I want from Selene, one way or another. Her little threats don't scare me. She is just a lost and forgotten creature. I bet she hasn't even used her powers in the last century. She can't hurt me.

Her sculptured little figure couldn't scare anyone. She's barely reaching my jaw when she stands in all 5'7 of her.

Last night, when she looked up at me to challenge me, she kept a tight expression in order to seem tough. Her grey-blue eyes, like two tiny moons, stayed fixated on me; she wasn't afraid to make eye contact.

Her full rosy lips stayed in a straight line and that mouth only moved to argue with me. And she's got dimples...

I can't deny the fact that Selene is beautiful. I bet most men are blinded by her curves, big grey eyes and silver hair, but not me. I know better than to fall for her trap. Because pretty exteriors are usually hiding deadly poisons.

However, the more I think about her in order to stay mad, the harder it gets to get her out of my head afterwards.

On the other hand, maybe I should give in. Have sex a couple of times with her and establish some trust. She has no one else on her side -no family, no friends-, so it'll be easy to turn her against them. And then she'll give me what I want willingly. I have done tricked enough people this way, I can definitely do one more.

Messing business with pleasure might not be a bad idea on this one.

•••

I spent the last couple of weeks watching Selene and learning her routine. The more information I learn about her, the more intriguing this gets.

I remember the mansion she lives in and the numerous staff members of hers I had to put to sleep when I snuck in there the first time. It all makes sense when I found out where she 'works'.

She's running multiple underground gambling establishments, and she provides very high end call girls to some special clients. Some of the names on that client lists are very wealthy and powerful men of this planet. I wonder if she ever blackmails them, it would be fun.

Tonight, she has a meeting with a new potential client: Me. I can't wait to see the shock and fear in her eyes as soon as she sees me in the restaurant she set the meeting. I have given her a fake name of some wealthy politician that I was sure she'd be interested in.

So, I change my clothes into something more simple to blend in with the other Midgardians and I head to the meeting. I brush my hair with my fingers and I fix my suit before walking in the restaurant.

How old am I? Too old for this, that's for sure...

I spot her immediately. She has her back turned to me but her long silver hair is hard to miss. It's up in a high tight ponytail and she's wearing a black long-sleeve turtleneck dress that hugs her body incredibly.

I put my hand on the back of her chair causing her to jump. "Lonely night?" I wonder

She looks at me and my heart flutters when her eyes meet mine. She has make-up on and she looks absolutely gor--.

"What do you want here?" she asks

"Many things" I smirk

"Well, go away. I'm waiting for someone"

"You found them" I say and I take a seat across from her on the table.

She bursts out laughing.

"Ok, this is not how I thought this was going to go" I admit