Chapter 26 - Selene

I have no idea for how long I've been in bed, and I don't care. The pillow where he used to lay his head is soaked with my tears now. I am drained. My voice is raspy. I have no energy to move. Every now and then I feel this tightens in my chest and it starts all over again; the racing heart, the hyperventilating, the fear.

I can't believe he-- If that damn seat didn't matter to him, why did he hide it? Why wouldn't he admit it even when I gave him one last chance? He knew it was wrong to agree to such a deal with Odin, yet he did it.

I would have married him. If he had really asked me, I would have said yes without hesitation. If it wasn't for my father, I wouldn't have any idea of what I was getting into. Loki would have fooled me.

"Oh, baby. What has he done to you?" my mother's voice reaches my ears

"I told father that I don't want any of you here" I speak weakly, keeping my back to her

"Yes, he said so. But I am your mother"

"Stop" I shut my eyes so I won't start crying again.

"What?"

"Drop the fucking act. You're the reason I can't trust anyone. You broke me first".

"I was worried about you and I wanted to help, but since you are still unappreciative I am leaving" she states

"Make sure you don't come back" I reply.

"And one more thing. You have an invitation" she informs me

"Who died?" I wonder, assuming it is for a funeral

"Nobody. It's a wedding invitation actually. Seems like your break up did stop Odin's son from finding a bride" she explains.

There is that familiar pain in my chest again. It rises and rises.

"His wedding was announced today. And rumor has it that Odin is passing done Asgard's throne to him after" she adds.

My fears have just been confirmed; he was really doing it all for the throne. A damn golden seat...

"Good for them. He will finally get that throne he wanted so much. That's... That's great. But it doesn't concern me anymore" I lie.

My heart feels like it is going to explode in my chest. I can hardly breathe.

"Selene..." there is genuine worry in her voice and I feel her get close to me

"Don't touch me!".

I collect all my rage and I turn it into energy to get out of bed. I fix my appearance quickly and I head outside.

"Where are you going?" my mother asks chasing after me

"Home. I need to speak with father" I answer

"If I knew the wedding would get you out of bed, I would have started with it" she says satisfied.

We travel back to Omnipotence City, and immediately I am taken back at how many things have changed. It's like I've never lived here. It actually makes it easier for me to be back.

I take a deep breath and I follow my mother, staying on high alert. I reach father's champers safely.

"Selene, what a pleasant surprise" he says cheerful and comes in for a hug.

I take a step back and he stops.

"You were right. He was doing everything for himself" I admit

"I am sorry, honey. I didn't mean for you to get hurt. All I wanted was to protect you"

"I know now. And I want them -him- to pay".

The hint of a smile appears across his face. "Do you?"

"More than anything. He wanted me in order to get a damn throne. Now, I want to take everything from him. Let's see how he feels about me snatching that seat he cherishes so much right out of his hands. But I hate to admit that I cannot do it alone"

"Are you sure about what you are asking me? You will be starting a war"

"That's exactly what I want. I have been to Asgard. That fool has showed and told me everything I need to know in order to defeat them. And once I do, the Norse will go extinct. I will take over and we will be rulers of the Realms. You owe me a throne!".

He smiles. "My brave Selene, it's good to have you back" he says and pulls me into his arms.

One second I was the angriest I've ever been, and the next everything fades. Suddenly, I'm that little girl again who used to run to her father for whatever problem appeared in her way. Because father always fixed everything. She didn't have to stress or worry. This is the father I missed.

I wrap my arms around him and I close my eyes. Tears roll down my cheeks. "I am sorry" I sob

"It's alright. It's not that big of a deal. You pulled up your skirt and opened your knees to a man you weren't supposed to. You let the enemy in... But, we will fix it. Father will take care of everything" he reassures me.

•••

My father had to go talk to Zeus, so he dropped me off to my old chambers. Despite everything that has changed around here, my old room is just like it used to be. White and gold primary colors, with the greatest view of Omnipotence City.

As I walk around, I let my fingers trail on the furniture I walk by. Until I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. The last time I looked in this mirror, was before everything...

How did I get like this without realizing? I have lived on Earth for so long, I can easily be mistaken for a Midgardian. I am a goddess! I am not weak, and I don't cry because of boys. I am a goddess and no one gets to degrade me. After Asgard, those who hurt me will pay too. I will reclaim everything that was mine.

I am going to destroy all of them.