Chapter 29 - Selene

Loki kisses and touches me everywhere like a starved man. It has been only 10 days since we last saw each other, but he's already missed me.

His hands roam all over my body. He keeps one hand on the back of my head, and with the other reaches between my legs. Over my clothes, he presses his hand against me and earns a moan from my lips. He continues to rub me, drowning every moan of mine with his lips.

He pulls away but holds my face close to his. "Oh, I love you" he almost groans. "Even when you are driving me crazy, I love you"

"That is because you are masochist" I tease

"Just as much as you are, darling" he smirks.

A loud noise from outside brings us back to reality, and we realize that for as long as we've been here we weren't paying attention to nothing else; nothing else mattered.

"Perhaps we should..." he speaks

"Stop a war that we started?" I completes his sentence

"Yes. But this isn't over" he says. He grabs my arm and pulls me closer "You know that it's not over until you're coming on my cock multiple times and screaming my name all along. And after all this little charade that you started, you better prepare yourself because I am going to destroy you" he whispers in my ear, causing another wave of goosebumps.

He lets me go and steps back. He must have noticed me biting my lip and smiling.

"Who's the masochist now?" he smirks

I shake my head, still smiling.

"So, any ideas on how to resolve the situation outside? Because I have one"

"Let's hear it" I say

"I marry you and everybody is friends again" he suggests

"You are really leaning into the marriage thing, aren't you?" I ask flattered

"Can you blame me?"

"Ok..." I chuckle. "I think I have a better idea. But I need to get to my father without distractions. Can you cover me?"

"I always have your back, love" he kisses my cheek and we both head outside.

•••

I had him, I had eyes on my father and I was ready to get him. But one moment I was looking at him and the other I was thrown across the forest.

I couldn't get up and I must have passed out for sometime. The next thing I remember is Loki calling my name. I feel him drop to his knees and I let him help me up. I see his chest deflate as a big breath of relief leaves him.

"Are you alright, love?" he asks

"Yes. I am good. I was after my father, but I think your brother thought I was after him"

"I'll deal with him. Can you stand by yourself?"

"I believe so".

He lets go of my hand, but stays ready to catch me as I take a few first steps. Loki stands on the same spot to watch me for a second, and then begins to follow me. My head finally stops spinning and I increase my speed.

Once he catches up, I fly up high. I get a good view of the battlefield. There are fights everywhere, but where is my father now?

I see Thor and my brother... I see Frigga. I see--

"Loki!" I call immediately and I rush to him. My father is only inches away from planting his sword inside Loki's back.

In a matter of seconds I land behind him and my father's blade gets planted inside my chest instead of Loki's. My legs start getting weaker and I start falling behind. I feel every inch of the blade go through me as I slide off it.

Loki catches me and grabs my arms before I fall. I hold his hand so tightly I think I will rip it off him. He puts me down on the ground gently and immediately puts his hands on my open chest. Fear is written all over his face.

"What did you do?" he asks my father who is standing there frozen.

Loki looks back at me "And what did you do? You realize how stupid it was, right?" he tells me

"I didn't overthink it" I admit between a couple short breathes.

"Sel--" I hear my father's voice.

Loki looks at him and he stops talking "You are going to die for this!" he threatens him.

My brother walks up to our father and convinces him to go away with him. I don't see any if them after this.

"It's ok, Selene. It's going to be ok" Loki says.

I know he is doing it to make me feel better, but it already feels like my body is shutting down. My breathes are so short and I'm shaking badly. I can tell that I am losing blood quickly because Loki's gold armor is covered with it.

He applies more pressure on my chest and I take a sharper breath. "I'm sorry. I am really sorry but I have to keep inside you as much blood as I can" he explains

"It's alright. It doesn't hurt..." I admit. Most of my body has already gone numb. He looks at me horrified.

"It's ok..." I repeat as I stare into his teary eyes.

"No, it's not. Just hang in there a bit more. Help is coming" he insists.

"No, it-- it's not. Th-- They are n-- not going to h-- help me" my breaths get even shorter. We both know that there is no Asgardian healer going to help the enemy at this time.

"I'm sorry..." a sob escapes his lips.

"It alright" I will say it as many time as he needs to hear even if it is in my last breath. "It wasn't your fault. I c-- chose this".

Another sob and more tears leave him, but he is trying to keep it together. I tighten my grip of his hand the best I can. I can't watch him cry like this for me. I don't deserve his tears. I started this.

"I love you. I would jump in front of a blade for you a million times. I love you. I will n--never leave you. Even when y-- you don't see me, I will be there. Y-- You will not get rid of m--me so easily. I promise you th-- that my ghost will haunt you" I say

It causes him to smile and I can tell he hates that at the moment. "I love you too, Selene" he replies. He leans down and rests his forehead on mine. "It doesn't matter where you are, I will always love you"

"Me too".

He plants the softest kiss on my lips. I feel his lips shake in a sob.

"I love you" he whispers once again. But no matter how much I tried to answer, I couldn't find my voice anymore or move my mouth.

His handsome face was the last thing I saw. His soft kiss was the last thing I tasted. His addictive scent was the last thing I inhaled. His comforting embrace was the last thing I felt. His piercing cry was the last thing I heard...