Chapter 42 - Selene

I killed my family last night, and I have never slept better at night. I don't care what the others will think. They haven't felt or survived what I have. They got what they deserved and I stand by that.

So, I wake up pretty late that morning. I snuggle against my pillow for a moment before opening my eyes. I feel movement besides me on the mattress and then Loki's lips find my head.

"Look who's back..." he whispers

"Good morning to you too" I reply

"More like noon, but sure" he chuckles.

I open my eyes and I see that he is sitting besides me with a book in his hands, probably waiting for me to wake up. Now, he places the book on his nightstand and pulls me on his lap.

"I love you. No matter what, I love you" he says

"Me too" I look up and let him kiss my lips. I rest on his shoulder and place my hand on his chest. I watch as my stunning ring sparkles in the sunlight.

"Do you need anything? Food? Shower?" he asks. "Sex?" he adds

"I will take that last one for later. I have to go get dressed now" I say

"You have somewhere to go today?" he wonders

"My family's funeral, of course"

"Selene--"

"I didn't ask for your opinion on the matter. I am going. They don't know I did it anyway" I make it clear. "Any ideas for my eulogy?" I add

"You are crazy, woman" he chuckles

"But you love it" I smirk.

He shakes his head smiling. I peck his lips and then I get out of bed. "I am not going to argue with that, and go to get you some breakfast. And I am coming with you!" he shouts the last sentence as he walks away.

I take my sweet time getting ready while Loki feeds me here and there because even though I don't feel hungry I shouldn't be going anywhere with an empty stomach -his words.

I refresh my face, and considering the outfit I have in mind I put my hair up into a crown braids around my head. And then it is finally time for dressing up. I have to keep in mind that this is my first appearance after coming back so I may as well make it dramatic.

I search the closet a couple of times before I am able to locate the gown I am looking for. A luxurious silky chiffon gown in navy blue color, featuring a fitted surplice ruched bodice framed with a strapless sweetheart neckline, cinched waist and full-length A-line skirt.

I pull it out and I try it on. But I can't pull the zipper up entirely. "Damn it, Loki..." I chuckle under my breath.

But, using a bit of magic I stretch out the fabric and finally get the zipper up. Then, I take the matching cape and I put it on as well. The long embellished cape hangs from my shoulders to the floor and includes a dramatic sweep train.

I step in front of the mirror and I check myself. Everything is absolutely perfect. Even my ring matches everything else on me.

So, after one last look, I step out of the closet room. "What do you think? Dramatic enough?" I ask Loki

"Dramatic, beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, breathtaking, everything" he answers and kisses me

"I'll take it. Are you ready to go?"

"I just thought of something. Give me a moment and we will be on our way" he says and runs to the closet room.

"Ok..." I chuckle and I sit down.