Chapter 14 - Loki

"I've tried to trust people and it always ends up badly for me. And with you... The god of mischief... I'd rather be safe than sorry" she said.

Selene's words cut through like a knife.

Of course, I'm always the one who doesn't deserve anyone's trust. I'm the trickster nobody wants around because I'm onto trouble, so I better stay away. Always the one left out...

But hearing it from Selene made me feel a hundred times worse. She didn't even give me a chance to even try to change her mind.

She prefers to stay alone than to trust me. This is what I get for showing my soft side. I should have expected this... I probably wouldn't trust me either.

"Come here, Selene" I whisper offering my hand to her. But her name has a bitter taste in my mouth now.

She hesitates for a moment, but eventually steps towards me. Even with tears in her eyes and anxiety written all-over her face, she's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I pull her to me and I place my other hand around the back of her neck. Her eyes keep bouncing between mine, in her attempt to read my emotions. But I can hide my feelings -anger, hurt, disappointment- better than she thinks.

I rub her skin gently and I let out a long breath.

"Lok--" she doesn't get to finish the word as I smash her back against the wall. I pin her back and I kiss her hard enough to draw a whimper of pain.

"Did that hurt?" I ask.

She shakes her head. I kiss her even harder. She replies with the same aggression, holding me close to her.

"So, are we good now?" she asks.

I drag my mouth over her jawline and down her neck. "You are so beautiful, so sweet beneath all that prickly armor you wear..." I sink my teeth into her neck.

She lets out another whimper. My hand reaches beneath her skirt and brushes over her clit, earning another whimper. I caress her until she floods my fingers and her body melts into mine.

But my movements are cold, mechanical. I've done them a hundred times. I watch her mouth part in little moaning gasps.

I feel my cock against my pants, hard and angry. It is a physical reaction more than anything else, but it is the only part of me that feels alive right now.

Probably my best quality.

I take my hand away when Selene is on the edge of her orgasm.

"Get on your knees" I demand

Selene looks taken back by my sharp tone, but eventually obeys and drops to her knees without argument.

I tug her head back with one hand while freeing my cock with the other. I shove myself down her throat without warning. She gags, her eyes fill with tears, and her fingers almost dig in my thighs.

I grip her hair with both hands and fuck her mouth, deeper and deeper until the sound of my balls slapping against her chin mixed with her chocked gurgling is the only thing heard.

I clench my jaw as I stare down at her. The sight of her kneeling before me, tears running down her cheeks while she chokes on my cock sends a wave of fury through me.

I close my eyes and tip my head back. That turns out to be a horrible mistake because the minute I do, unwanted memories run though my brain; Every big and little soft moment we had.

I open my eyes and I yank my cock out of her mouth. She is a mess. Hair tousled, mouth swollen, cheeks streaked with tears.

She stares up at me with those huge grey eyes. I grab her by the hair and force her to stand. I literally rip the dress off her.