Chapter 4 - Selene

I am not romantically interested in Loki. Still, I can't shake him off my mind. I don't understand why he made such an impression on me. I've met so many men, I've slept with so many men but no one has had that effect on me before.

He almost made me finish by simply touching me over my clothes and whispering to me. His words still echo in my ears. His voice still haunts my dreams. I can't deny that I want him between my legs.

But trusting Loki must be the dumbest thing anyone could ever do. The man is a known back-stabber. And no matter how attractive he is, he is still the god of mischief and betrayal.

Maybe one hookup won't hurt...

Entering my home a couple nights after our last meeting, I could feel that I am not alone again. This time it makes me a bit excited, but I can't show him that. His ego is already big enough.

"You really need a new hobby. This is getting tiring" I call for him to come out of wherever he's hiding.

I hear steps from behind and I turn. I soon discover that it isn't Loki who's here.

"Helios..." my voice breaks

"Hello, sister. I missed you" he hugs me.

I am frozen in place. He can't be here.

My brother coming down here means that something serious is happening. He's always been looking out for himself, never cared for anyone else.

He's the family's golden boy; Blonde, bright blue eyes, physically fit, tan, never had to deal with concequenses.

Someone had to send him here. How did they find me? Who else besides him know my whereabouts? For how long have they known?

My heart is racing and my eyes burn. Memories of the last time I saw him flash in my brain like a horror movie.

I push him away from me.
"What are you doing here?" I ask

"I'm paying a little visit. It's been a while since we last saw each other" he answers

"And who's fault is that?"

"You left"

"Because you..." so many years later and I still can't say it.

"Oh, get over it. Everyone's already forgotten about it" he argues

"Well, I haven't!" I yell.
"So tell mommy or whoever sent you to forget about me entirely. They've been very good at it lately".

"If I was you, I'd be begging mother on my knees to let me return home" he says

"No way mommy would let her favorite boy to dust his knees and beg. You've never had to beg for anything in your whole life as long as you run up to her" I reply

"Oh, don't pretend like they forced you out. But you were always a pain in the ass, Sel".

I punch him. He touches his jaw and chuckles.

"And you still are" he adds.

I punch him again. I grab him by his shirt and slam his back on the wall.

"Go back home and tell them to leave me alone" I demand

"That's the thing, mother said you aren't alone anymore. She said she saw someone. Who were you expecting tonight?"

"She sees me?" I ask shocked

"Of course. Did you really think she'd just let you embarrass us when you ran away?" he laughs.

I let him go and I take a few steps back. I turn my back to him and I cover my face with my hands.

"She told me to remind you that we don't mess with the Norse ones and they don't mess with us" he says.