Chapter 19 - Selene

Loki left me at home after my -almost- incounter with my father. I can't believe I froze like that. I believed I could face him, I am stronger than I was before. But maybe I'm still weak.

"You think you can simply walk away from your family? You tried to outsmart me?! I taught you everything you know! I tried to make you good but let's face it, on your own, you are no better than a semi goddess with a useless ability. You are worthless and weak without me to protect and back you up. So you do not disrespect me! You are going to do as I say and let your brother make things how they're supposed to be. Do you understand?".

I can still smell the liquor in his breath as he unloaded all these things at me. And I'm still weak...

I was able to delay my breakdown when I was looking at him, but I can feel it slowly come up again. I didn't tell Loki about it because I have given him enough problems already.

I enter the house and I sit down immediately. I lower my head and I take some slow and steady breaths.

Tap. Tap.

I stop.

It sounds like steps from upstairs. It can't be Helios, I kicked him out when Loki and I left. But I can't remember if I activated the protection spell. That spell is supposed to keep anyone besides me out of here when I leave the residency.

More footsteps sound in the house. I jump and I run upstairs without hesitation. Noises are coming from my bedroom. The door is already open, and I get a glimpse of who is inside.

My sister, Eos.

And she's wearing my clothes. More specifically she is wearing one of the dresses Loki has made for me.

Standing there for a few more seconds, I notice random pieces of fabric thrown all around the room. I quickly realize that this dress wasn't the only thing she touched; she cut up the rest of them in pieces. She destroyed all of my dresses -Loki's gifts.

This was my last straw with them. I storm inside with frustration and anger written all over my face.

"Hello, sister--" she smiles but before she could finish the word, I grab her my the throat. I pin her on the wall and I want to squeeze the life out of her.

"Selene..." she gasps

"Shut up" tears blurry my vision.

Someone pulls my hair back and tries to throw me across the room. I let go of Eos and I grab them. Sure enough, behind me is Helios.

"You crazy bitch!" he yells as he tries to hit me

"I'm not the crazy one in here" I reply, successfully hitting him in the face.

"She is with child!" he reminds me as he comes back from the blow

"You mean your abomination" I kick him this time. "I don't care what she is carrying. You have no right being here. Keep your disgusting business away from me!" I demand.

"Like the Asgardian is any better..." he chuckles. "Your relationship is the abomination here. You come from opposite sides and you believed you could do good? He took pity on you. You revealed to him your plenty weakness so he knew exactly what to say and do to get you. And you ran right into his arms; I meant trap. He is using you, Selene"

"He is not" my voice shakes

"Oh, you think so?" he laughs. "You really believed he cared. Why would he care for you? What good would you do to him besides boosting his arrogance? Little innocent Selene believed that the guy was falling in love with her? I mean he is stupid, but he can't be that stupid, right? You are nothing, you are pathetic, the most difficult person in the universe. Why would anyone love you?".