Chapter 40 - Selene

I knocked out the guards easily and walked out of the panic room unbothered. Being in that closed room reminded me of the dungeon they used to lock me in and I couldn't take it.

I have had enough. I am determined to end them. They will pay for everything they have done by getting put down. I tried to be nice, but this is the only way they will never bother me again.

So I storm inside my family's champers and I find them having dinner, like nothing is happening. It is just a normal day for them after all.

All four heads snap towards my direction. No one looks surprised. My brother even rolls his eyes.

"It was about time they got tired of you" my father speaks first

"I came voluntarily actually. I wanted to see how miserable you all are now that you didn't have me around to blame for everything" I act sad. "So, where is my niece or nephew?" I pour salt on the wound

"Shut your mouth!" my father slams his fist on the table but I don't even blink. "I have been summoning you, and you have been ignoring me. That is unacceptable. You will not go back there ever!".

He stands up to scare me and immediately I can smell the alcohol in his breath, his skin, his clothes. This will make it so much easier.

"Are you done yelling?" I ask unbothered. "This isn't how this is going to play out. You do not summon me; I am not your puppy anymore. You do not push me or rush me; I will come to you when and if I want to. You do not threaten me! Am I clear?" I raise my voice too.

There is silence in the room until I hear my brother's laugh. "Who do you think you are to give us orders?"

"The only person in the room that came back from the dead. Unlike your baby... I bet that is really upsetting you, isn't it, mother?" I ask

"Shut your mouth!" she demands

"Or what? You will kill me again? Come on, do your worst".

No one moves.

My brother starts clapping "Great performance. Did you rehearse that speech during the last five years that you have been hiding? I mean faking your death for attention is pathetic" he says. "What else will you do?" he mocks

"I will kill you. All of you" I smile.

"What did you just say?" my father asks

"Did I stutter?".

I wait for his answer, but it never comes.

"You will die today and it's not a request, it is going to happen. Here, now" I warn.

Everyone in the room, including my sister, laugh but I remain unbothered. I don't care if they believe me, it is already happening.

I look closely at Eos. Her laugh dies as she notices me staring at her. "How does your food taste, sister?" I wonder.

Everyone jumps to her aid as blood starts coming out of every cavity in her face; mouth, eyes, nose, ears. They put her down on the ground and try to call for help. But I have already made sure no one can hear them.

"There is no point in trying to help. The spell will keep doing its work until her heart stops beating" I inform them.

My father stands and uses his sword against me. "Fix it!" he demands.