CHAPTER FOURTEEN

THE SUN IN KING'S LANDING
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE SUN IN KING'S LANDING ✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

121 AC, Sunspear

During the next year, Valyria would split her time between the Red Keep and Sunspear. At times, it was a tiresome task but she believed it to be worth it. Her primary duties might be as the Princess of Dorne, but she could never neglect the role she played as a Targaryen. Especially now when Alicent was carrying her and Viserys fourth child.

Aegon, Helaena and Aemond would get another brother or sister within a few moons.

A babe that only would be a few moons older than their nephew, Lucerys Velaryon. The news of the newborn Velaryon spread like wildfire across the realm. As did the growing rumours concerning his dark hair.

News also travelled across the Narrow Sea about how Laena had given birth to twin girls, Rhaena and Baela Targaryen. No matter the way Daemon and Valyria left things, she still sent a letter to Laena – through Rhaenys – congratulating her.

More than two years had passed since Cassian's birth – almost three – but Valyria had yet to become with child again. It didn't concern her yet but she did wish for another son or daughter. Qoren hadn't expressed any frustration about the lack of more children but she knew he also longed for another son or daughter.

"Raise your swordarm," Qoren instructed as he held onto a wooden sword. Elara didn't do as she was told, instead she used her own wooden sword to smack him across the legs, making her step-father wince in pain.

Cyrenna covered her mouth to suppress a giggle while Valyria didn't bother hiding her snort. Neither did Serra who almost choked on her wine. Another thing that changed over the past year was how Cecily unfortunately had to leave Valyria's service. A part of princesses and queens responsibilities when taking on ladies-in-waiting was to find suitable matches for them.

Valyria would never have forced Cecily nor Serra into a marriage they didn't want. Serra always expressed her distaste for the possibility of being tied down to a man for the rest of her life but Cecily wished for a family of her own. The selfish part of Valyria never wished to let her best friend go but she truly wanted what was best for her.

Therefore, she searched for the best possible husband for Cecily. One that fit the requirements she put forward. At times, Valyria forgot Cecily was a Lannister since she lacked the blind arrogance possessed by many of her relatives. Ambition, however, was a trait no one could deny her sharing with many other lions.

Cecily wished for a husband that could provide her with comfort and position. The golden haired woman never believed in stories of fair maidens falling in love with valiant knights; practicality meant more to her than the prospect of a husband that adored her. Of course, Valyria did her best to find a kind man either way.