CHAPTER FIFTEEN

THE WOLVES AND SUNS
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE WOLVES AND SUNS✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

121 AC, Winterfell

There was something ethereal about the North.

During her twenty-five years she had visited almost all of the Seven Kingdoms with the exception of the Iron Islands.

Dorne with its endless sandy landscapes and wavy dunes held a warm charm to it. Every oasis was like a paint of green on an orange canvas that stretched for miles. It was so unlike the rest of Westeros with its hot climate, long sunny days and nights when the entire sky would be visible, no cloud in sight.

The Reach always seemed to be blossoming with all the rainbow's colours scattered out on meadows in the form of what seemed like every beautiful flower in the known world. The most fertile kingdom always seemed so full of life.

The Stormlands were a small kingdom consisting of harsh mountains, stony shores and verdant forest. However, there was something cosy about the way the roar of thunder would echo against the walls as the waves crashed against the cliffs.

The Crownlands could seem bland at times but it was still home; especially Dragonstone that was her safe haven. To others, it might seem like a grim place and according to rumours it had been built with fire and sorcery and shaped by dragonfire. The gargoyles, hellhounds and other grotesques gave the dark castle an unwelcoming aura but it was one of the last connections the Targaryens had to Old Valyria.

The Westerlands didn't always look much to the bare eye with its rugged hills, rolling plains, broadleaf forests, lakes and rivers. Underneath the surface the hills concealed systems of caves and caverns, hence holding a mysterious allure.

The Riverlands, that bordered every single kingdom but Dorne, consisted of forest hills and countless hills. Much like the Reach, the way the rivers flowed all through the lands made it seem so very alive. Without any dry spots, nature always seemed to be flourishing.

The Vale was unlike the other kingdoms, consisting of fertile lands protected by the Mountains of the Moon. It was a bit scheduled from the other kingdoms since travels were impossible during winters and during the summer, the only passageway was through the mountains ruled by mountain clans. However, having a dragon gave her an unique opportunity to see the land from above and it was breathtaking.

None of the other kingdoms compared to the North – at least when winter came. The white snow laid like a blanket over the muddy ground and pine forests. Something about it all radiated a serene beauty unmatched by any mountain, hill or meadow.

Ānogara dived down from above the clouds, red wings spread out as she floated through the cold winter air. The huge castle complex that was Winterfell appeared in the horizon and Valyria urged her lower. In Winter Town, the smallfolk watched in awe – and some reasonable fear – as the scarlet red dragon circled above them.