Chapter 1 Memory

'How beautiful a night can be,'

'I'm living in a memory,'

'I'm losing all my sanity,'

'Have you seen what I've seen?'

Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugo were childhood friends, both having a knack for All Might, the 'coolest superhero' in Japan and they both dream of becoming heroes one day. Both are determined to become the number one.

However, at the age of 4, Midoriya showed no signs of developing a Quirk. And when he was taken to a Quirk Doctor, the worst news he ever received was that he didn't have a Quirk at all.

Despite that, he still dreams of becoming a hero, still following Bakugo around. A time when Bakugo fell into a river, Midoriya rushes down to help, but Bakugo saw this not as a sign of assistance, but instead, a sign of disrespect from the people below him. Thus, why Bakugo acted the way he did today.

One day, when the two were both 8 years old, Bakugo wanted to show off how brave he was compared to 'Deku', so in order to prove it, he grabbed his friend and pulled him out to an abandoned building in the dead of night.

Midoriya looked up at the restaurant, the sign was worn down, you wouldn't be able to see the writing anymore due to how ruined it was.

"Uh, Kacchan." Midoriya said nervously. "Are you sure about this?"

Bakugo turned his head towards him and said, "Of course I'm sure! What's the matter Deku? Are you scared?"

"N-No!" He squeaked, waving his hands in the air in denial, "It's just that, we're not supposed to be here. What if our parents find out what we've doing?"

"Obviously, they're not." Bakugo took out his scissors, "We have the whole place to ourselves, no one's gonna find out. But, I've heard that this place is haunted. Story tells us that one fateful day, 5 kids went missing in this very building. And they haunt the animatronics that perform, sing, and dance on stage. Some say, if you were standing in the same room, all alone with one of them. You could hear their groans, cries for help. Saying the same lines, over and over again, 'It's Me'."

Bakugo then turned his attention away from Midoriya to cut the metal barbwires. Midoriya, however, was standing on the spot, shaking out of fear. Bakugo grunted, scissors aren't that useful against metal wires, soon enough, he grunted and slammed the scissors down against the concrete ground.

"Damn it!" He cursed, before noticing a hole in the fence. Someone before him had come and probably cutted their way in. "Oh, nevermind. We'll take this way in."

Midoriya was still hesitant as he and Bakugo walked to the main entrance.

"You know," Bakugo turned his head towards Midoriya, "If you're scared, you're more than welcome to stay out here."