Chapter 6 Do You Even?

I'm sorry, but I didn't have the motivation to write about the entire sports festival. It barely had any 'rational' thing about what's going on. So we'll skip to the events AFTER that.

(Entire day time skip)

'Do you even have a clue? Do you even have one?

All the evil things we do, surprising that you don't run.

Knowing that you'll die here, knowing that there's no way out.

Fate is evidently clear, seems that you're just oblivious.'

Charlie waited by the door that morning. Midoriya hasn't arrived back to collect his laptop yet. From what she understood, he must have been very tired after the sports festival since he didn't return yesterday afternoon to pick it up.

Unfortunately, she didn't manage to keep a watchful eye on the rest of the children that night. And guess what they did?

They. Touched. The. Laptop.

At first glance, that doesn't seem like a problem. But the 7 spirits of the restaurant always emit some form of paranormal activity, that of which, is electromagnetic pulses (EMP for short). EMPs are quite common to ghosts, so the majority of them have this effect, so while they can control it, they can't turn it off.

Some people use EMPs to temporarily knock out an electronic device, completely restarting it. One powerful blast of it should be enough to shut it down.

If the pulse is continuous, then that said device's memories will be scrambled, deleting said information, and probably doing something that it's not supposed to be doing. Sometimes, even killing the whole device completely.

The children forgot about this, and went to explore what else the 'laptop' can do. They used the finger pointer for a while, but Susie made a mistake, and touched the surface of the device, causing it to flicker for a moment, before shutting down. They weren't sure if it's broken or not, and so decided not to say anything when Midoriya comes back.

He didn't return the next day...Or the day after that.

But it was on the third day away when he finally came back that morning.

Midoriya entered the building, via the front door as per usual. Charlie was a tad bit surprised when she saw some bandages on the boy's hands. But it made sense, he broke both hands during the final event of the festival. This time, he's not wearing his typical uniform, more rather, city clothes.

It was certainly fitting for the morning, he wore a light blue sport jacket and pants. He also brought his yellow school bag along again. And there was a band-aid on his cheek.

"Hello Charlie." He waved.

"Deku," She greeted back, "Welcome back! You're recovering from the festival, right?"