Chapter 9 The Bite of 87

Laughter filled the building as kids ran around the party area, playing arcades, hide and seek, watching the animatronics sing and eating fresh cheap pizza. They were all friends and cousins of the birthday kid, Aoi Oba.

Oh how fortunate for this child, his family managed to schedule a birthday party right before the restaurant's closure. All his cousins and classmates were there, having the best time of their lives.

...

Except for one. His older sister, Keiko Oba. She was a young teen about 13 or 14 years of age. Long ginger hair extending to her shoulders, freckles on her face and emerald green eyes.

Of course, she understood why she was there, but she already outgrew her childhood liking for Freddy's. It doesn't seem as interesting as before anymore.

This restaurant was more different than the one in 1985. It was a lot larger, with lots of arcade machines in one section next to the carousel. There was a small humanoid-like animatronic holding a sign that said 'Balloons!' which is what it held in the other hand. Gone was the pirate fox, instead a more child-friendly one took its place.

Toy Foxy, they called it. But kids couldn't keep their hands to themselves and for some reason, messed up the new animatronic. Now it's just a mess of parts.

If anything, this made the pizzeria a place for monkeys.

Keiko didn't feel like joining in with the other kids, instead, she stood next to a table near the corner. The table had a bunch of plushies and toys for the main stars of the show.

She watched as her brother excitedly jumped on his chair as Toy Freddy delivered the cake to his table, who had to calm Chica down to prevent her from celebrating too early.

"They're just robots," She said to herself, "They're not alive, it takes away the fun."

What's the point of talking to someone who's made of plastic anyways? It's the imagination that gives life to these animatronics. Kids are full of them, but for Keiko, she ran out of imagination a long time ago.

"Well, they're not just any robots." She suddenly jumped at the sound of another voice.

There was a big giant gift box near the Prize Corner, inside was a thin, slender marionette suspended by strings. Its limbs had white stripes over its black body, a white mask with a big smile with no teeth, instead a fully black mouth with lipsticks and rosy red cheeks. Although, she could make out purplish streaks of tears under the black eyesockets with white pupils.

"Who are you?" Keiko asked.

The figure placed its hands on the edge of the box. "Well, I'm known as the Marionette, the Security Puppet, or just the Puppet." The white eyes flicked green. "You are...Keiko Oba, correct?"

She was stunned, "Y-Yeah... How, do you know that?"