Chapter 16 We Don't Bite

Cassidy was a pain in the ass. But who could blame her?

By the time Midoriya came home, his mind was still trying to process what happened. He didn't go back to visit the kids that afternoon, it would probably upset Cassidy a bit more, so he'll come again tomorrow instead.

Still, in his school uniform, he let himself fall into the bed. The girl had a point, the children lived their 'perfect lives' up to the point where they died.

To what he took for granted, he thought back to the day where All Might said he couldn't be a hero.

He had his heart crushed, completely broken. Those words weren't the ones he wanted to hear, but coming from his idol, he couldn't accept it.

If it weren't for his brave move with the sludge villain, then he probably wouldn't be here right now.

But that was not even half of what Cassidy and the other children experienced.

The girl was right, he didn't understand their anger. He could try and imagine all the terrible things to ever happen in your life, and nothing would come close to not being able to move on and be free. They were stuck for over a century in their own moving graves.

Power Loader wasn't kidding when he said he found leftover remains of blood on the metal.

He noticed the children's moods would immediately change once he mentions something about the past. It was traumatic, sure. But most of the time, they would often look past that and focus on the present.

Even if Cassidy showed it the most, Midoriya could tell that everyone else had a bone to pick with Afton.

Speak of Afton, the spike of missing people seemed to have stopped. There were 4 missing children all together. The investigation is still going, but it doesn't seem like there were any leads. Unless the police don't want to give any pointless hope just in case they're wrong.

Later at dinner...

The two Midoriya ate dinner. Today, it was Izuku's favourite again.

Although, now that he thought about it, anything his mother cooks tasted amazing.

She was always caring, and supportive. Always looking out for others. She took care of him, even though she was a single mother.

Maybe... Perhaps it would be good to ask.

"Hey, Mum? Are you...good with kids?" He found it quite awkward to ask.

His mother also wasn't expecting a question like that and also found it weird.

"Well, I suppose so. I cared for you all up until now, right?" She answered, "Why did you ask? ... You're not going to have children this early, are you?"