Chapter 3 Turn Back

'Caution turn back now,

There are secrets that will be unwound,

They will drag you down,

Turn back,

Turn back!'

Midoriya walked down the hill of UA, muttering something to himself. The students were going home for the day, some preparing for the upcoming sports festival. Him meanwhile, regardless of his obsession of becoming a hero, decided to take a detour to that same abandoned building that afternoon.

He researched a lot during the past few days, old newspaper clippings, coming up with theories and gathering information about Freddy's. It was that day when he decided to visit the old restaurant again.

He found out a few things, most of which didn't start happening after 1984, around a century ago, he slowly put together a timeline. First, there was a murder of a little girl, around 8 years old, outside the building itself. And then, a year later, 5 kids went missing, all within the ages of 7 to 11. In which afterwards, the animatronics started to smell and stink of old flesh, and started to act more aggressively. The company tried to rebrand themselves, but announced it would close down by the end of 1993.

But that still didn't explain why the animatronics were in pieces, and how the yellow suit in part's and service was somehow functional.

However, there were multiple reports from security guards that they saw children wandering around the building way past closing time. And when they went to find the childrens, they just vanished, some even disappearing right before their eyes! But the one that bugged him the most was a report when a group of kids came running out of the bathrooms, screaming. Saying that they saw something tall and thin in the mirror with a big smile, talking in a language that they couldn't understand.

It sounded like something came straight out of a horror movie.

Midoriya arrived at the old location, there was still that same metal fence gate surrounding the perimeter. Luckily, it is still easy to cut through with metal snips. He used the same hole that he and Bakugo went in, and cut it open a bit wider so that he can fit through.

As he reached the front door, he suddenly felt a sudden urge to turn back. His body stopped moving, his hand was inches from the handle on the door. He was frozen in place, not sure if he should go in or not.

'Dang it!' He thought, 'Just do it!'

With all his confidence, he threw himself forwards and bursted the door open. The light from the outside world illuminated through the front door and into the reception area.

The inside was the same as it was before, black and white checkerboard tiles on the floor. Worn down wallpapers, with stains going down them. And the disgusting smell of odour and dead flesh. Midoriya covered his mouth in disgust.

'Oh yeah, forgot about that...' He should have brought a mask along with him or something. He made a mental note about that for the next time he came along.