13. Magic in Mundane

• इन्हें समर्पित: Shree_luvv

A/n - Treating y'all with a draft :)

Kavya Arora

There isn't anything like returning home after a long day, is it? Maybe, returning doesn't always make you happy but the peace that comes with the familiarity of your elevator, your wooden door, your name plate, and- oh.

"Barah mahine mien barah tareeke se tujhko pyaar jataunga re." Rahul is facing Shubman and shouting on top of his lungs. I've crashed a party it seems...

Rahul doesn't even let my amusement take birth as he pulls me in to dance. I do not protest. No matter how tired one is, there's always some energy left for a song as chill and nostalgic as Dhinka Chika. As I put my hand into my pockets, I sense various belongings. A bus ticket, two Kopiko wrappers, some change and my handkerchief. The realisation that I stuff as much as I can into my pockets makes me laugh out super loud.

Rahul and Shubman believe it's the cringe lyrics for they nod in agreement. In the middle of Asin's August ka bandobast, I ask, "It's been forever since I've heard music on TV. They still play these songs?"

"Apparently Masti does." Shubman says with a grin.

"Ah of course....Mastiiii hai mizaaaj mien...." I remember fondly. God, it's so sad that I can recollect dancing at parties but I don't dance at home anymore. Sure, I watch Movies and Series with Sara and unwind that way but dancing.... I've missed it! And I'm not even in my Ghar ke kapde yet!!

"You guys, I'll change and come!"

"Jaldi, Kavi....the next song, what's the next song, I can't read Shubman, can you. It's so tiny..."

Shubman chuckles but suddenly stops.

"They're playing Ishq Tera tadpave!!!???!!!" The surprise in his voice makes me arrive at the conclusion that it's gotta be the original version.

"No way!!! Kavya runnnnn..."

"Already running...." I zoom my way to the bedroom and start unbuttoning my shirt. I'm on the last button as I hear the beats and cheers,

"Come on Kavya, we're waiting." Aw. Isn't this guy the sweetest.

"Coming. Just give me five."

"Four...threee..." Rahul bhi na. Bacha hi hai!

"Two....one and a half..." Shubman bhi? I can't help but giggle as I wiggle my way out of my jeggins and into my pyjamas.

I make it in time for....

"Taare gin gin yaad se Teri main ta jaaga ratan nu..." I sing along. In a pretty off noteish manner but, it doesn't matter, does it?

"Rok na paavan akhiyan vich gam diyan barsatan nu..."

And then, my dear friends we collectively loose our sanity, energy and voice as we Sukhbir paaji sings, "Ohhooohoohooo. Oooohoooohoohoo. Ohhooohhhoohoooooo ooooooo Ishq Tera tadpave...."

We've put our best moves to the front. But our little choreography changes when we all decide to follow Rahul along. My baby bro is dancing with some amazing passion tonight. We're in the second verse when the doorbell rings. We exchange glances.

Umm I am not sure if you know this but sometimes, we Punjabis can forget how loud we can get.

"Was that loud?" Shubman asks.

"I think so."

"I'll go hide, incase it's -"

"Oh no, no need, it's your girlfriend!"

I heave a sigh of relief as I open the door to find Sara.

"What is going on?!! You guys are way too loud!! Baba asked me to check if you had received a secret promotion!"

"Not her fault, it was we who got carried away." Shubman steps forward to give Sara a hug.

"Yeah well I believe that. You find ways to celebrate life as if you could die any minute."

I hit her with my elbow. My girl isn't always mindful of how her words could be recieved. But surprisingly, Shubman finds it funny.

"People don't live forever, do they?" Why do I sense a hint of sarcasm? Who knows, maybe Shubman's preferred pass time topic to chat on is mortality.

Rahul raises the volume again and I roll my eyes.

"What? It's kolaveri di, Didi!"

"I see what you did there, beta." After we're done sticking our tongues out at each other. Rahul settles down near his study table.

"Soup song..."

"Flop song..." he bangs it right on beat. I grin as I rush to accompany him.

Sara asks for Shubman's hand. We're as surprised as you, Shubman! She teaches him a slow, one two, sway step and they're waltzing their way to the tune.

Unbelievable!!!

As they change steps to fit the, "Super Mama ready, ready one two three... four..." beat I sigh.

"It must be pretty awesome to turn something as non couple dance song as kolaveri di to a couple dance song, na?"

"Too awesome." My eyes are fixed on them. Truly, it must be amazing to have this sort of camadrie with someone.

"Your forlorn look tells me that your time to make a tinder profile, my dear sister has come."

Tearing my eyes away from the ubearably sweet couple, I face Rahul. "Maybe I will."

Little Book Of Red Lies | Shubman Gill ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें