When you're in the hospital: Leo

It's a couple weeks later, and you're in a car with your mom, coming home from school.

You have your ear buds in and are listening to your favorite song.

You close your eyes, and start to fall asleep, when you hear a horn beeping.

You look up, and before you blackout, all you see is a pair of headlights getting bigger.

----------------------------------------------
TIME SKIP 1 DAY
----------------------------------------------
April's POV

We had homeroom first today, which is really odd cuz we usually have homeroom between 3rd and 4th periods.

Some people think a teacher found drugs in someone's locker, or something like that. Some think someone died. Others come up with the weirdest stories.

I, personally, don't know what to believe at this point.

The teacher called us together. He started talking.

"I know you're all probably wondering why we're having homeroom first. Already, I've heard... interesting rumors. That's one of the reasons we wanted homeroom to be so early, so that rumors wouldn't start to spread about what we wanna talk about. We wanna tell you the truth, so you know exactly what happened. I'm sorry to tell you that... one of our students has been involved in a car accident. (Y/f/n) (Y/l/n) is now in the hospital, with a coma, and broken limbs. They... they don't know if she'll ever wake up. I'm sorry to those of you who were close to her."

I gasped as he said this.

Tears came to my eyes as I thought about her broken body in a hospital bed. Then, I broke down crying when I thought, 'How am I supposed to tell Leo?'

----------------------------------------------
TIME SKIP AFTER SCHOOL
----------------------------------------------
(Still April's POV)

I walked into the lair, my eyes still red and puffy from crying.

"Hey, April! How-?" Mikey started, but then noticed my eyes.

Donnie and Raph were also in the room, doing their own things.

When Mikey stopped talking the other two got curious, looked up, and noticed why he stopped.

Donnie was immediately by my side. He got down to eye level with me. I just couldn't say it. I started crying again.

All of the sudden, Leo walked into the room and noticed me crying.

"What happened?" Leo asked concerned.

I stared at him for a second, then ran up to him and gave him a hug.

"I'm so sorry, Leo." I said, crying into his plastron.

"Why are you sorry?" He asked.

"It's (Y/n)." I said.

His face suddenly filled with even more concern than before.

"What about her??" He asked.

"She... she's in a coma, in the hospital." I said, barely able to get the words out.

His eyes filled with tears.

"They... they don't know if she'll ever wake up." I said quietly.

At first, he did nothing, then, he collapsed into the ground his head in his hands.

----------------------------------------------
TIME SKIP 3 DAYS (AT THE HOSPITAL)
----------------------------------------------
I promised Leo I'd visit (Y/n) at some point today, so here I am.

I asked the nurse at the front desk if I could see her, and she said yes, so she gave me the room number and I headed in that direction.

I stopped outside the door, afraid to see what was inside.

When I finally walked inside, I realized I was right to be afraid.

She looked awful.

She had casts on her left arm and right leg, her neck had a brace on it, and the right side of her face had a bandage on it.

I let a single tear fall down my face.

I took out my phone and took a picture so I could show Leo. I know, it's probably not the healthiest for him, but since he couldn't come visit himself, he made me swear to get a picture.

I put my phone back in my pocket, and sat down on the bed next to her.

"Please wake up, (y/n). Leo's absolutely lost without you. I can't stand to see him like this. He's hardly eating, and spends most of his time meditating, or just laying in his bed, staring at the ceiling. Please." I said, tears streaming down my cheeks.

I gave her the flowers Leo asked me to put at her bedside.

I took one last look at her, then walked out of the room.