Recovering: Donnie

No One's POV

It's been about 3 weeks since (y/n) and Donnie saw each other again, and things have gone... rather slow. There are times when Donnie had a hard time controlling himself, but he managed to just be friends with (y/n), as hard as it was.

(Y/n)'s over at the lair, in the lab with Donnie while he's trying to make a retro-mutegen.

"How's it coming, Donnie?" She asked.

He didn't answer.

"Donnie?"

"Huh? Oh, sorry (y/n). It's just... I can't seem to find the chemical I need to complete the first part of the retro-mutagen. It's taking forever and it's driving me insane!" he said and put his head in his hands in frustration.

(Y/n) put her hand on his back, and rubbed it to try to calm him down.

He slowly lifted his head out of his hands and looked at her.

"What?" she asked.

"N-Nothing, I, uh-" He started.

He remembered the first time they had kissed. (Y/n) was struggling with her homework, and she had her face in her hands. He had started rubbing her back. It was starting the same way as last time. And he hoped it would end the same.

Donnie patted the chair next to him, motioning for (y/n) to sit. She sat down.

He thought to himself. What if he tried to recreate the scene of their first kiss? Could that jog some memory? Or at least if that didn't work, she might enjoy it and they can start over?

He put his face in his hands again, and started to rub his temples. (Y/n) noticed, and started rubbing Donnie's back again.

He smiled to himself, but then quickly made it go away.

He looked at her.

---------------------------------------------
Your POV

You tried your best to make him feel calm. You rubbed his back, hoping that would help.

You were pretty close to him, and he looked up at you, his face centimeters away from yours.

He started leaning towards you.

You realized what was happening, and panicked for a second, but as soon as his lips made contact with yours, you melted into the kiss.

Each second felt like eternity. In a good way. With every second that passed, another memory flooded into your mind.

After a full minute, you remembered everything.

You pulled away, put your face into your hands, and started to cry.

"(Y-Y/n), I'm so sorry, I-I didn't mean to-" he stuttered.

You cut him off.

"D-Donnie-boy..." You stuttered as well.

"W-What did you just call me?" You heard the hope in his voice.

You hadn't called him Donnie-boy since before the accident.

He quickly got at a level so he could see your face.

"(Y/n)??" He said.

You crashed your lips into his.

You pulled away so your foreheads were still touching, but you could still talk.

"I remember, Donnie-boy." You whispered.

He didn't answer, but instead started kissing you again.

As you kissed, you felt his tears on your face. You pulled away again. "I love you." You whispered.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear you say that." He whispered back.