Chapter Twelve

"Mira, could you get me some rice please, and Scarlett, please boil some water" Amelia said when she walked into the kitchen, ignoring the existence of Tonia who was working her way around the kitchen, the girls now looking between both women when Tonia turned to face Amelia.

"I'm sorry but the girls are with me right now" she said, Amelia turned to face her after she spoke.

"And?"

"And, you can call for the other girls to help you ou-"

"Excuse me!" Amelia cut in; "Maybe you don't know it yet but these two ladies....are the head of maids, meaning they are in charge of all the other girls and were also directly employed by the head of this house, which is my husband, so isn't it only logical that they serve him before any other person? Maybe you should get the other girls to help you instead because I need them." Amelia stated.
"But I have a lot of cooking to do. I mean I'm cooking for everyone-"

"AND I AM COOKING FOR THE HEAD OF THIS HOUSE!" She said, tone climbing higher, eliciting a scoff from Tonia who just stared at her for a moment, Mira and Scarlett exchanging looks in between the two.

"I don't know what's up with you, why are you so tense for no reason?" Tonia asked but it sounded more like a statement.

"I also wonder why, maybe the problem is from you, maybe you're the reason for my actions" Amelia shot back, shoulders pulled taut as she stood challengingly.

"Am I? I don't know~" Tonia sing songed obviously trying to annoy her some more.

Amelia scoffed, not humoring her with a reply before turning back to face the counter, "Mira, Scarlett go on with what I asked please, i need to start up on dinner" She said, hurried footsteps following afterwards as the girls rushed to obey the others.

Tonia huffed out angrily, glaring at all three ladies before collecting herself and walking out of the kitchen.

.
..
....
Liam made his way into the house, Knox by his side as he stretched his neck from side to side, replying to a few of the maids with a small nod whenever they said a greeting towards him.

His eyebrows shot up in surprise when he walked into the dinning room and found Amelia setting one side of the table, Tonia on the other, not so near the edge, spreading out what looked like a different dish but he paid it no mind as he approached both women.

"Hey!" He said, both of their heads immediately shooting up to see him walk closer, Knox flashing both ladies with a small smile from behind him.

"You guys cooked together?" He asked, an amused smile on his face.

"No!" Tonia sharply replied "Your.... wife cooked for you, while I cooked for everybody else" she stated, Amelia giving her a dirty look, Emily and Emma walking into the room at the same time Liam spoke.

"I don't get it, cooked for me?"

"Yes, cause I wanted to" Amelia simply stated.

The reply was followed by an air of silence, Liam's fingers coming to massage his temple with a sigh.

"But I let you know before I left, Tonia offered to make dinner, for everyone tonight, did I not?" He slowly accentuated as if speaking to a child. Amelia's brows furrowed.

"Yeah you did, but I wanted to cook for yo-"

"Why?!" He suddenly asked, voice harsher than usual as everyone else looked on in surprise.

"W-why?!" Amelia repeated, blinking.

"Yeah, why because I need to understand why you couldn't let her do what she wanted, is something wrong with her cooking for us all?"