Chapter Thirteen

The sounds of footsteps were incessant and that was what prompted Amelia to tear her eyes open the next morning, turning towards where the noice was coming from, she saw Liam, remembering it was a weekend as he was on his treadmill at the far edge of the room, dressed in a tracksuit, airpods in his ears as he worked out energetically.
She unwrapped herself, getting down from the bed to walk into her closet to grab a pink cropped top hoodie with matching pants, Liam catching sight of her when she walked into the bathroom.

She was out after about fifteen minutes, finding Liam next to the coffee machine, the machine whirring as it did its job.

"Do you want a-" words caught in his throat as his eyes trailed down her body, stopping at her bared bellybutton before he went back to her face, Amelia waiting for him to complete his sentence, "coffee...do you want a cup of coffee?" He rushed out.

"No, I'm okay" She replied before turning on the Tv, and putting on a yoga program. His eyes followed her as she walked to grab a mat, spreading it in front of the TV and getting on it. She pulled up her pants at the same time she turned, just in time to catch him following her every move causing him to swiftly turn around, his cup of coffee spilling as he turned the cup too far left. He let out a howl of pain as some touched his skin, dropping the cup to the floor, making his situation worse as the cup spilled more of its content.

Amelia's eyes widened, her instinct kicking in as she rushed to where he stood, "Are you okay?" Starting to pick up the broken shards and getting no response afterwards, she looked up to see the other still staring, now looking at her face.  With the furrowed brows, she muttered, "You're staring"

"You're beautiful" He blurted as he stared intently at her smooth unblemished face, mesmerized.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked as his eyes were still glued to her face.

"You....you can hit me again, I don't mind"

He felt like he was under a trance when he slowly bent to be in eye level with her. He hesitated for a second when the events of the day before flashed across him mind but he couldn't help it as he resumed drawing closer, head and mind shut as he could only see her small alluring lips, in their natural pink glory and all he could think about was feeling them on his. After what felt like an hour but was actually about a minute, his lips finally met hers in a small innocent peck as he weighed his chances, expecting her to fight back the way she did yesterday but it didn't come, instead, her lips puckered slightly, returning the kiss before she slightly opened up to him, warm and inviting as he finally took the go ahead to deepen the kiss, his palm went to the back of her head, cradling it as he slowly nipped and licked at those soft cushy lips, she sighed into the kiss, hands grabbing at his tracksuit jacket too as they kissed soft and slow. After a while, Liam made them both stand, not breaking away as he guided her away from the broken glass and towards the bed, lips still locked, only breaking away when she was sat on the comfortable surface.

Amelia's eyes fluttered open, Liam now stood in front of her, looking like a scolded child.

"I'm sorry.....about last night, I kind of vented on you and I'm sorry, I wasn't supposed to but we lost a contract and i guess I just needed an excuse to pour out my frustration" He sighed. "You know I'd always listen to your side of the story no matter what, thank you for going through the trouble of cooking for me, I should've said that sooner" He finished, eyes apologetic as he waited for her to speak.

He wasn't sure what he expected when she got on her feet and he put some space between them but it definitely wasn't a hug, which was exactly what she did, throwing her arms around his torso, head landing on his chest as she sighed, he zoned out for a bit, blinking in disbelief before gently craddling her head, opting between patting it down and tentatively running his fingers through the soft hair.