Chapter Nineteen

After a bit of mingling, Emily went back in, stepping out this time in her glitter orange one shoulder long sleeve sequin dress, her accessories and makeup also changed to match with the new outfit, the party was now taken to the heavily decorated garden.

She slowly walked to the podium, basking in the attention she received and being the center of it as cheers and applause followed her every step.

The MC had helped her stand on the podium, handing her the mic as she now faced the audience, it was time for the cake cutting but she gave a short and precise speech and appreciation to her guests before that.

As the speech was ongoing though, Emma couldn't seem to be able to keep her eyes from going back to where Knox and Audrey sat. If looks could kill, their corpses would probably be unrecognizable as she glared daggers at both of them. She wondered why Audrey couldn't seem to keep both her hands and lips to herself, whispering words she obviously couldn't make out unto his ear with a wide smile, her hand still crossed around his bicep, she rolled her eyes, having enough before getting up and walking out of the garden and into the mansion, grabbing Knox' attention as she did.

.
..
Amelia was sat on a stool at the small bar in the living room, pouring herself a glass of wine before Scarlett walked in, seeing her at the bar, she approached with a tray in her hand; "Do you need anything?" She inquired seeing her seating alone and away from the celebration.

"No, I'm fine, just want to sit here for a while, I'm good thanks" She waves the other off with a smile, Scarlett responding with a smile and bowing slightly before resuming her activities.

Amelia sat quietly as she thought about the changes she's noticed in of Emily. Of course, there'd been a few noticeable changes compared to when she'd just gotten here, realising she was slowly achieving her goal as Emma did not seem to be much of a problem anymore too. She still thought of what else she could do to soften Emily towards her a bit more.

She was easily distracted by the sight of Liam who was at the entrance, graciously greeting a guest that walked past before he made his way in.

Amelia couldn't help but admire his features as he took long confident strides. He was debonair and simply breathtaking in his perfectly tailored suit, the pants accentuating his long legs and thick thighs, dress shirt snug in all the right places, his gentle smile and easy going character were so in contrast to his dreamy body and she couldn't decide which one she found more appealing, she was so lost in her head she didn't notice him now standing in front of her. He snapped his fingers twice in front of her face snapping her back to reality as she barely saved her glass from falling.

"W-what's that?" She stuttered out looking down at her thighs as she tried to hide the color blooming on her cheeks.

"What were you thinking about hm? Me?" He teased, smiling.

"Pfft... You wished!" She countered, rolling her eyes playfully.

"Why? You mean you can't think about me?" He pressed, smile still on his face.

"Of course I can but why would I?" She said lowly, a smile now playing on her own features too as she finally held his gaze.

"Let me just ask you this," He said, closing the gap between their bodies as he stepped closer, the mood shifting to something thicker as his eyes now darkened, Amelia mirroring his expression, not caring about the waiters going and coming around the room.

"If you..... were to think about me or should I say, if I finally occupy a spot in your mind one day, what would those thoughts be?" He asked, staring intently at her face, not missing the way she gulped lowly before biting her lower lip, making him wish he was helping her with that instead.