Chapter Twenty-One

Lyssa's P.O.V.

"Lyssa, please you've got to eat." I heard Trey say through the door begging. I hadn't seen him in days, hadn't ate either. I didn't want to face him or anyone else, I had lost my baby and I didn't want to be around anyone. I slept and that was about it. "I'm not hungry." I replied quietly knowing He would be able to hear me. The bedroom door was locked, of course He could break it down but after threaten to do so I told him I wouldnt speak to him if He did, He stopped. I loved him, but I had loved our baby too and I needed some time alone. "Mel come on, it's been two days since you've ate anything at all, you've got to be hungry." Maranda said. She'd come up with him when He brought food. "I'm okay." Was all I said. "Dammnit Lyssa I know your hurting but so am I, it was my baby too. How do you think that makes me feel? My wolf and I are both going crazy neither of us have seen you or you held you in days. We miss you, I miss you." I could feel his pain through our bond and my wolf missed him too, it was strange being able to feel not only my emotions, but his and hers as well. I wanted to see him, it was killing me not to but I couldn't face him knowing I hadn't even been able to protect what was supposed to be ours. "Please go away." I wispered, now crying again. My eyes were red and swollen from so much crying but once I made myself stop it wasn't long before I started again. I pulled the blanket above my head and tried for block out the world.

Maranda's P.O.V.

"Come on, let's leave her alone." I tried to tell Trey as we stood outside their bedroom door. "I can't leave her." He said lowly. I couldn't imagine what He was going through, or Mel either but I knew she wouldn't be okay if she kept pushing everyone away. "Just for a little while, you can come check on her later." I said. I felt Greyson coming up the stairs. "You need to get some rest man, you look like shit." He told him. And the glare Trey gave him said it all, "I have no idea what your going through but I do know if that was Maranda on the other side of that door right now I'd want to be at my best to give her whatever she needed even if that was time away from me. You are not at your best Trey half the damn pack is afraid to even come near you." Greyson tried to reason with him. "I can't leave her." Trey wispered. I had honestly never seen him look so broken. "Shell be here when you get back." I said quietly. He ran his hand through his hair roughly before punching the wall and walking away. "I'm worried about him." I said to Greyson leaning against him. He wrapped his arm around me kissing the top of my head, "He'll be Alright, He just needs to sort through it all. We need to help Lyss right now." I couldn't help but agree, she had became the packs top priority.

Trey's P.O.V.

It had been a week since I had seen her, held her, or even been in the same room as her. She barely ate, only enough to keep her wolf at bay who was struggling to keep her sane. I didn't know what to do, I couldn't lose her but I couldn't make her hate me either. I saw Grey staring at me from the corner of his eye, He and Maranda had kept their eyes on me all week. "I'm Alright." I told him signing papers that He had sat in front of me a few miniutes before. "I know your not." He replied. I shrugged, I didn't know what He wanted me to say I was as fine as I could be given the circumstances. He had a blank stare on his face, He was mindlinking Maranda no doubt. " Maranda just said she asked her to help her get into the shower. Said she can stand by herself but that was about it." Maranda was the only person she would allow to see her and that only happened a couple days after it all started and it was only when she really couldn't do it. And it frustrated me to no end, but I wanted her to have the help when she needed it, even if she didn't want me to be the one. "I'm gonna go up for a miniute." It had been about two hours since I had been up there and I tried to go at least every hour even if she didn't talk to me. He nodded as I got up and left. Almost as soon as I got to our bedroom door I heard a thud, "Lyssa?" I yelled, several times but after she didn't answer I was worried. I couldn't stop myself from busting down the door to make sure she was okay. I got into the bathroom Opened the shower door and saw she had fell and was now sitting in the corner of the shower crying. She knew I was there but couldn't make herself say anything. She looked at me with the most heartbroken eyes I had ever seen. "I'm so sorry." She said through the mind link. I quickly grabbed a towel from the rack and shut off the water scooping her up into my lap, I sat on the wet shower floor and held her as she cried some more. "It's okay." I said to her again and again as she clutched to me as if I was the only thing holding her here. I wrapped her up tight in the towel and carried her to our bed and lay with her, "It's all going to be okay, Lyssa. I love you." I mumbled into her hair. I heard a faint I love you too, through the mindlinking about ten ministers later. I looked down to see she was half asleep. I was going to make sure that everything was okay again, no matter what the cost.