Chapter Tewnty-Eight

"What's up with the protection detail?" Maranda asked coming into our bedroom. I looked at her confused, id just gotten out of the shower. "What are you talking about?" I asked. It'd been two days since I told Trey about me being pregnant. "The guards outside the door?" She said pointing towards it. I opened our bedroom door to see two high rank pack members id seen roaming around the house standing there still as a statue. I groaned, I'd yet to tell anyone else about being pregnant but Trey clearly was into his protective mode. Closing the door I turned to her with a small smile but still guilty look on my face, "So there's something I have to tell you." I said walking towards her. Now she looked even more confused than before. "I'm pregnant." Her eyes went wide, "Seriously?" I nodded, as she squealed running towards me pulling me into a hug. "I'm so happy for you." I hugged her back, "Thank you. I'm excited, but clearly it's going to be a little different than last time." I replied, while I knew Trey would be crazy protective I myself was already acting like a den wolf. I'd been cleaning like crazy and losing my mind at any small thing that I thought was wrong. Sam was going to get incredibly tired of me. "I'm surprised Trey let you leave his side." She said sitting on top the freshly made bed. Letting out a small laugh I put my dirty clothes into the hamper, "Your telling me. But clearly I'm not going to be alone for around four months." "Considering how long you two stayed cooped up in here I can't say I'm surprised. I am a little bit jealous though." She admitted, picking at her nails. I sat beside her thankful that she'd at least told me, I knew that jealousy was to be expected within a pack. Some she wolves had a hard time convicting and while I never expected Maranda to be one I was slowly starting to believe she had more going on than what she'd always told me. "You and Greyson will have babies running around this place before you know it." I told her. She smiled softly, "I hope so. I mean Grey needs an heir and of course I want pups I just...  We've been together since we were 16, Greyson had just shifted and very shortly after found out we were mates. I mean we were from the same pack after all, but I'd yet to turn. We'd been friends practically since birth. We loved each other forever, practically family already and now we were mates neither of us could have been happier. Of course we didn't mate until I'd shifted too but that's been three years from now. I just thought I'd be pregnant by now ya know? I mean we've always been together why wouldn't I have pups?" I thought she was going to cry, and I knew now had to be the worst time to bring it up but I'd been hiding it for so long I had to confront her about it. "I heard you talking with that guy, Luka. Who is he?" I spit out quickly. I felt Maranda still bedside me. "What are you talking about?" She asked acting as if she had no clue as to what I was taking about. "Please don't lie to me. You are literally my only friend and I couldn't take it." I begged quietly. It was the truth while I knew it wasn't my relationship I felt this need to know what had happened with her and this guy. "He's from the BlackStone Pack, he's a Beta. When Grey and I were first mated we had to travel a lot, because he was meant to be Alpha. We had to go to the BlackStone pack one month, and at the time Greyson and I were arguing a lot he was so protective and wouldn't let me do anything alone. While we were there I met Luka, Beta Luke to everyone else, he was so nice to me my wolf and I both felt so neglected. Greyson wouldn't spend time with us and when he did he was angry because we wanted to do things without him. Luka showed me around the pack, he was always checking on me, we got so close. I convinced Greyson that I'd made a girlfriend there and I wanted to stay while he finished his Alpha tour. So while I was there I cheated on Grey, we never mated but that was only because my wolf wouldn't let me. I don't know why it happened, I just felt like Grey didn't want me anymore and that I could be happy if I was with Luka he treated me so good. Eventually when it came time for me to go home, I was going to reject Greyson we hadn't officially mated or marked each other so I could. But he wouldn't let me, I was put on lockdown never allowed to leave the pack. We finally worked through everything, it took a long time but we finally got passed it all. Luka came for some sort of meeting and tried to convince me to go back with him. Said his Alpha found his mate and he missed me, wanted me back. But I couldn't, I could never hurt Greyson like that again. Not after everything we've been through." Maranda said now crying. I never expected that, they always seemed like such a perfect couple but I was happy to know that she wasn't currently cheating. I was glad that they'd worked everything out but I could never imagine doing that to Trey the thought of it made me sick. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been so nosey I just when I heard you talking to him...  I didn't want anything happening to Greyson. I love you guys you've become my family and I don't want anything to happen to any of you." I explained to her. She nodded wiping her tears, "I know. And Greyson knows he was here, I've told him everything. I refuse to lie to him anymore. He sent Luka home he's no longer allowed on our pack lands." She confessed. "Come here." I said hugging her. "I love you." She said into my shoulder, I said the same. She'd become my best friend and there wasn't anything I wouldn't do for her. "No more tears. Now I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping but since you've gained a member I don't think Trey would be okay with that. So we can online shop? Start planning the nursery?" She asked standing. I smiled happy that we've gotten closer. "That sounds really good, I need a snack I'm starving." I replied standing with her. Maranda laughed at me, "I have a feeling that's only the start."