Chapter Twenty-Seven

Lyssa
I did my best to shake myself out of the weird funk I had found myself in before I made my way to see Trey and Sam. As I stepped into Sams  office Trey could already tell that something was off with me, he looked at me questioning me through the link. Later I told him, he nodded, "So how have you been feeling?" Sam asked. "A lot better honestly." I replied as I sat down on top of the table. He pulled out his stethoscope placing  it against my heart, he listened for a minute and then pushed the button on the side of the table that took my weight. The red numbers flashed and read 125, I prayed that would be enough for him. Sam frowned, "Well that's much better than where you were but I still want you to gain a little more. You don't have to drink the smoothies anymore but I want you to try and eat all three meals everyday, and some snacks in between okay?" He said looking at both Trey and I. I nodded happy that I wouldn't have to drink that funk any longer. "And as far as everything else?" Sam asked sitting down in the chair across from me. "Fine." I said shortly. I'd honestly been having nightmares, but Trey didn't know and I didn't want him to worry. He looked at me skeptically. "Lyssa you have to tell him everything, you want to be better right? Let him help you, tell him what's going on." Trey said to me once he quickly caught the lie. I fiddled with my hands that lay in my lap, already feeling the tears well up in my eyes as I thought of the nightmares. Closing them tightly I began to talk. "I've been having these dreams at night," I laughed dryly. "Well I guess you'd call them nightmares, I always wake up right before the bad stuff really happens. But I always see Trey and he's holding a baby, he's holding our baby and then I see Lauren. I can't really sleep much after." I said lowly, wiping tears from my face. "Oh Lyss." I hear Trey say before feeling him wrap his arms around me, causing me to breakdown. "Why didn't you tell me?" He mumbled into my hair. "I'm finally getting better and I didn't want you to worry anymore." I admitted. He leaned away to hold my face, "Baby I'm always going to worry about you, no matter if you're okay or not. You are my number one priority, always." Trey told me as he wiped the tears. I nodded. He pressed his lips to my forehead kissing me. "I love you." "I love you too." After I'd visably calmed down Sam spoke again. "I'm going to give you some sleeping pills okay? They won't stop the nightmares but they'll help you sleep."  He reached behind him in a big white cabinet and fumbled around before handing me a bottle. "Just don't take more than 3 a day, other than that take them as needed." Standing he wordlessly walked out of the room. Trey stood in front of me just looking, "What?" I asked. "How long?" He questioned, I assumed he was asking how long is been having the nightmares.   "Just the past couple of weeks." I said reaching for his hand, I loved to feel the Sparks that always happened any time we touched. "You've been so busy catchy up with pack stuff, I didn't want to add to the stress." I said honestly. "I want you to tell me everything, no matter how small even if I can't fix it completely I can try and make it better. I will never not have time for anything that involves you." I just nodded again. "Now what was wrong before? You scared me." I sighed, " A few things. Maranda was talking to me about something, she said I would be going through heat soon?" I said looking up at him nervously. I could see him pale. "Shit." That freaked me out very quickly, could it be that bad? I wondered. He stepped back and ran a hand through his hair, I couldn't help but notice how long it was getting. "What?" I asked apprehensively. "It's nothing I just sort of forgot all about it with everything that's been going on. Did she explain everything to you? I mean like everything." I rattled off what she had told me making sure to leave nothing out, I wanted to know exactly what was going to happen to me. After I had finished Trey nodded, "That's about it. Just my wolf is going to be on edge the whole time, you need to know that, normal me protective mode times ten. Obviously I've never had a mate in heat before so I'm not exactly sure how bad it's going to be but considering this is your first I'd say it's going to be pretty bad." He told me trying to explain what would happen. "So basically I'm just going to want sex all the time?" I asked. That didn't sound that bad to be honest I mean Trey was bad at a lot of things but sex definitely wasn't one of them. "Yes and no, it's not just that. You will physically be in pain a lot, and the only way to fix it is if I'm touching you. There are some herbs and drugs that some of the she wolves use but they don't last long." I say there trying to take it all in, this was something I really didn't expect. "One question." I said as I stood up. "How long does this last?" It was a minute or two before he took a deep breath and he finally answered me, "A normal heat lasts as long as the females period does." Trey said sounding like he was reading something straight out of a book. My eyes widened, there was no way I would make it. I was a goner.