Chapter Twenty- Nine

Three and a half months later...

"Well there seems to be nothing wrong, are you sure you're getting enough to eat? That could be what is causing the abdominal pain." Sam said to me after giving me a check up. I knew I was driving him crazy but everything worried me so when I started experiencing odd stomach pain his office was the first place that I went to. And this was the third time I'd been there this week. "I'm positive. You're sure that everything looks okay?" I asked just making sure. He smiled, "I'm sure. I understand your concern but you cannot be stressing either, it's not good for your pup." He said. While I knew what he said was true it was hard for me not to be worried. I didn't want to let any small concern go by unchecked especially now that we were so close to the end. Everything in my being wanted to keep this pup safe."Alright, I'm sorry. Thank you Sam." I told him leaving his office, and headed to see Trey. He was with Greyson, when I walked into the office Greyson was on the phone with who I assumed to be another Alpha. "Jaxon he tried to take away my mate, surely now that you've found yours you understand where I am coming from." He said obviously upset. He sighed, "I got it. Yes we're still on your side, how is your mate? Things going okay?"  Trey looked up at me as Greyson hung up the phone. "Stupid ass immature Beta. Doesn't even deserve the title." He grumbled under his breath. I automatically looked Treys direction. "Different pack, not me. Greyson could never let me go." He said cockily. Rolling my eyes I walked over to them. "Everything alright?" "You remember Luke?" He asked Trey. I knew that he was the one who wanted Maranda to come with him months ago. Trey nodded, "He came by a little while ago, tried to get Randa to come back with him. Jaxon found his mate and he missed her or some bullshit. Well now hes found his own mate and wants nothing to do with her. And on top of that Jaxon's mate is being threatened by a pack member that wants nothing to do with her mate because she wants to be with Jaxon." "I don't know how people treat the mate bond with so much disrespect." "Tell me about it. Whats up Lyssa?" Greyson asked. "Just went to see Sam, he said everything Is okay. I was just over reacting again." I said sounding foolish.  "Hey well at least everything is going okay right? Better safe than sorry." Trey said standing and placing his hands on my growing belly. I smiled he was so sweet to the baby, every chance he got he was touching me and talking to the baby. We would finally get out perfect little family.

I walked up the stairs to our bedroom after talking with the guys, Maranda was out town with some of the younger girls shopping and was due back any minute. That was one thing that didn't change, Trey had guards always having eyes on me which meant that I wasn't allowed out of the house until I had the baby. While I agreed on taking the extra steps to keep us safe, it had been so long since I was able to go out anywhere besides the yard  and I was getting tired of staying in the house all the time. I suddenly got a mind link from Maranda asking where I was. I told her and she said she'd be up in a minute. A few seconds after there was a knock at the door,  knowing it was here I said come in. "I brought you a surprise." She sang. I smiled at the sight of her, there was no telling what she had gotten me. "Its nothing major but I know you're constantly worrying about the baby and I thought you could use some relaxing." She said showing me what she held behind her back. It was a basket full of bath goodies, bath bombs, bubble bath, bath salts the works. I felt the tears filling up my eyes at the gift, like she said it wasn't anything major but the thought was so sweet and with my emotions all over the place I couldn't help it. "Aw come on I didn't mean to make you cry." Maranda said hugging me. Siffling I hugged her back, " I know its just my hormones but thank you I love it." Pulling away she smiled rubbing my belly. "He or she will be here soon enough and then youll be back to normal old Lyssa. " I rubbed my tears away and sat on the bed. "I know I know. I just hate being so emotional." " Its perfectly fine and normal. Speaking of howd everything go with Sam today?" I had told her this morning that I was geeling starnge and that I was going to see him. "All is good, just me overreacting as usual. Just getting antsy I think. It's almost time." I never thought that my pregnagncy would go by so fast but it has and it was crazy to think that in just a couple of weeks Trey and I would officially be parents. Not how I thought my life would end up. I had dropped out of school after everything had gone on and finished everything online. Trey wasn't going any more either although he had yet to finish his online but I don't think he was really all that concerned. Not like it took a degree to help run a pack. "Speaking of, have you guys decided on names yet?" We had decided not to find  out the gender so we had been having a hard time picking out names. "Charlotte if its a girl and Alex If its a boy." WE had finally come to a decision the night before while we were laying in bed. "I still think shes a girl." Smiling I agreed, "I guess we'll find out soon."