06. Party Games

- Annalise Lauren - 

 - Annalise Lauren - 

"Party Games" 

I finished straightening my light-brown, curly hair, before Aiden made his presence known by swinging my door wide open. "Where are you going?" I was quick to put a finger to his mouth, checking either way, before I shoved my brother in my room, closing the door quickly. 

"Shut the hell up" I then went back to the mirror, smoothening my hair down once more, before I turned back to Aiden. "Where are you going?" he made himself comfortable on my bed, as I looked at him, eyebrow raised. 

He was dressed in a pair of white, linen shorts and a navy polo, while I was dressed in a pair of light washed jeans, with a cropped white, tank top. Mother would never approve of this outfit, but it didn't matter. She was the least of my worries, as I was finally going to a party where the really partiers were invited too. 

"A party" I responded, keeping my voice quiet. I walked around my bed, grabbing my phone, slipping it into my back pocket, while I heard no response from Aiden. I inhaled, before turning to look at his shocked expression. Of course, I shouldn't of expected any less of his reaction. 

"Whose?" was he really this stupid. "Angus Armani's. God, who else?" I then stalked out of the room, knowing my mother wasn't home, and my father would be somewhere else. If anything, I could just tell them that I was out with Aiden, which I basically was. 

"Well, your coming with me" Aiden then chased me to the front door, as I opened the front door, him following suit before I pressed the elevator button. "Thanks for the offer, but no" I would prefer not to turn up in Aiden's car. 

"Angus organized a Limo for him and the team, so I suppose he wouldn't mind you coming with us. I think he would prefer it anyways" the way he said team and prefer was strange. It wasn't like Angus was untouchable or that he liked me; if anything, we hated each others guts. 

"Fine" I walked into the elevator, as the two of us fell into a comfortable silence. I didn't know how to act when Aiden was trying to take over the role of River, years after he was taken from us. But even when River was around, he wasn't that overprotective; there had never been a need to be. 

The elevator dinged, allowing for some sense of noise in this eerily quiet area. I stepped closer to Aiden, hating the dimmed lobby. Aiden seemed unfazed, rather reaching for my hand, but I didn't give in. After everything, I didn't need Aiden to hold my hand just because I couldn't get through a dark lobby on my own. 

He clutched my hand, making me feel like every other girl. How had I gone from hating his guts to holding his hand within the span of a few months? He was the bad boy while I was supposedly the good girl, weren't we? 

We stepped out, into the cold night, seeing the Limo already awaiting. I guess Aiden didn't lie. Aiden opened the door for me, as I looked into the Limo, seeing the first person to move over for me was Angus. "Hey" he was the first one too break the silence as well, as everyone seemed shocked to see me here.