20. The Next Move From Here

| Annalise Lauren |

| Annalise Lauren |

"The Next Move From Here"

Opening my eyes, I was shocked with the sight before me, but I didn't dare make a move. There was no way that I wanted to disturb the peaceful silence that seemed to have been casted over this room, with me curled up under his arm. I never would have thought that in such a short span of time, that I would be tucked under Angus Armani's arm, in a hospital bed. 

Tracing over his body with my eyes, I noticed that the bandage that was once wrapped around his head, had now disappeared, and I could see some dried blood, while his hand had been changed from a splint to a cast. How long had I been out for, as the last time I recall, he had a cast and the wrap around his head. 

Taking my eyes away from Angus, I cast them around the room, noticing that Archer was now passed out, in what looked to be uncomfortable position in a bad hospital chair that would quietly groan whenever his chest rose and fell. Guilt immediately filled me, that he was sleeping in that chair and I got the luxury of sharing a bed. 

Everything about the situation I was in, felt wrong. From forcing Angus and his brothers here, making them uncomfortable, to knowing that the people I believed was my mother and father, isn't even my mother and father, and to knowing that Aiden is probably all alone in his room after his surgery. 

Sighing, I released a heavy breath that made the arm around my shoulders move with me. I took a glance to the left, seeing the monitor of Angus' medication, or drugs as I had heard him and Aiden calling it earlier, when they were both awake at the same time, showing that he wasn't much longer from being awake. 

In other words, his sleep medication was wearing off, meaning that his day medication would be needed to make sure that he could still function after his concussion. I had heard this all, when he had initially come out of his scan, before my supposed parents had shown up. Did that mean that Riley and River were no longer my siblings? or were they still my siblings, just had the knife twisted at a different angle?

Being caught up in my thoughts, the door opening made me jump, and I quickly looked to the person that was entering. A small smile coated his lips when he noticed that I was awake. It seemed, from the look he was giving me, that he was hoping I was awake and that I was the person that he was after. 

"Aiden's awake and he wants to see you" he murmured, and I immediately looked down at the arm that was wrapped around me. Alistair must have seen the look on my face, and he sprung into action. Grabbing a pillow, he walked over, gesturing me to move when he neared, and then he slipped the pillow under Angus' arm. 

Angus stirred, but not much. I felt awful, leaving him in this position, but my brother needed me, so I followed after Alistair. "Is he okay?" I murmured, right after we had left Angus' room and were now heading into the one next door. Alistair paused, and the emotions that crossed his face, worried me. It didn't seem like Alistair thought that my brother was okay.