15. Greed and Love

| Annalise Lauren |

| Annalise Lauren |

"Greed and Love"

I anxiously sat, consistently glancing between the two hospital doors, as my knee bounced up and down, uncontrollably. Alistair was pacing between the two doors, but I knew that he was more concerned about his own brother, as he would stop and look through the window of the door longer than he had for my brother. 

He had every right to do so. I couldn't bare the sight, so I sat seated in the chair that Archer had guided me into, 4 hours ago. It had been 4 hours since the game, and we were the only ones that had showed up for the two boys. I know that the rest of the team were not celebrating there win, as they were more worried about the two boys, as I had my brothers phone resting beside me, as Archer had his own brothers phone next to him. 

The millions of texts just showed how much they cared for one another. I really wish that I could have a team that I could fall back on when I was out with an injury like Angus and Aiden did. They had people constantly there for them even if it wasn't there siblings or parents, or in Aiden's case, our parents. I was never there for him, and now I felt deeply guilty for it. 

All the times that he had been to games that I bailed out on and our parents couldn't make it too, knowing that he could have been smiling and cheering with joy like he did tonight, when he scored at least 3 of the 8 goals, and assisted the rest of them. I hadn't seen him happy in so long, and it was truly refreshing, knowing that there was more to my brother than the prickly side he showed me. 

It was refreshing, knowing that there was still more to the brother that I knew. He was still a kid, as was I, but he deserved it more than me. He had always deserved everything more than I had. "What in gods name are you doing here, sitting like that?" a chilling voice called out down the hallway, but my gaze was so frozen on the ground in front of Aiden's door, that I didn't dare move a muscle. 

I knew exactly who it was. There was no way that I could escape them forever. Not even a full week. That was the thing with my mother. She would always find a way to find me and scold me for something that I hadn't even done. I had lost the understanding to good and bad and right and wrong. They held no meaning to me like I knew that they should. 

My whole body froze, as I could hear the familiar clicking of heels and the following of the freshly polished work shoes. I knew who it was, so I didn't need to look to confirm that they were here, for my brother, not me. They would never have wanted me to be here, but here I was, supporting Angus, and my brother. 

I had no where to go to now that Angus was now in a hospital bed. "You need to leave" my mother hissed out, as she came to a stop in front of me, not bothering to glance at Archer and Alistair, whom had stopped pacing. My knee hadn't stopped bouncing, only getting faster. "You don't deserve to be here" she sneered when I made no move. I didn't understand why she thought this way about me and why she wanted me gone so quickly.