23. Decisions, Decisions

| Hayden Walton |

| Hayden Walton |

"Decisions, Decisions"

All I could do, was just stand there and watch how my sister comfortably climbed into bed with her older brother, but my baby brother. I was shocked, with how they didn't even remember us. I mean, I shouldn't have, as I was only 14 at the time of Annalise's birth and when our parents died. Aiden wasn't even 2 yet either. 

They were both so young, and it was probably the right thing for them to grow up with a stable family, as far as I was aware. But, what bugged me the most, was the fact that Hannah Lauren was not bothered by the fact that the two of them were here, with practically strangers, and she was most definietly not worried when Annalise ran away. 

Her bitter tone had made it clear to me that she didn't care about my baby brother and sister. She barely even wanted to speak to me, but put me through to one of her friends, who was out of town at the moment, but said her sons were there with us. She was trying to get here, as her son was also in hospital, but flights were shit at the moment. 

We knew from experience. Hence the private jet that I had worked my asse into the ground for, which was mostly for work anyways. But, what scared me, was I didn't think that Annalise and Aiden were ready to let everything go to move to the other side of the country. Even to another country, basically. 

And rightfully so. They barely knew us, and I knew that they were skeptical of being in the same room as us, let alone, speaking to us without the other. It scared me a little, as this was unknown territory for me. I didn't know how to deal with so many emotions. My father had hardened me since the day I could walk, while my mother fought against him for it. 

My father was a doctor himself, and he had always wanted me to pursue what he had. He wanted a mini me, and I was exactly that. I hated myself, for the way that I had become so much like him. Like the way he was away from the family so much, that I have done the same thing. That's what happens, when you choose medicine.

But, I still chose to pursue it, as medicine is something I love doing. I don't love it nearly as much as I love my brothers, and now my other baby brother and sister that I haven't seen in 15 years. 15 years too long, without them. 15 years without my parents here, either. I have been without my parents longer than I ever had them for. 

So, initially when the judge looked at 18 year old me, a boy that had just graduated and moved out of his foster home and was about to buy a house that I had been working my asse into the ground for the past 4 years for, I was given a weary look. Just because I was of age to have my brothers back in my custody didn't mean that I was the right fit. 

That was why I was only given Oliver and Theo, who had been to a foster family a town over. I had been keeping tabs on all of my family since we had been separated. The only ones I couldn't, was Annalise and Aiden. They had been so well hidden in plain sight that it was hard. But, the best I could do at the time, at 15 years old, was find my other brothers.