11. I Don't Know How To Say 'No'

| Annalise Lauren |

| Annalise Lauren |

"I Don't Know How To Say 'No'" 

Sitting up, I bit my lip to stiffen the groan that left my mouth. I was no longer shivering, which was a relief, but I had no idea where the hell I was. Searching around me, I felt nothing familiar, as I sat up, looking to the TV that was off, and the blanket that had been thrown over my cold body. I saw no sign of anyone yet. 

Swinging my legs over the couch, I felt my feet touch the ground, stopping myself for a second. There was no way that I could possibly go snooping around someone else's house. That was wrong. They could have personal things around the house that they don't want people to see, especially me. 

I had no idea how I had gotten here, other than that I was sitting on the pier that River used to take me too, which was somehow where Angus had been as well. He had just been there, and I had cried in his arms. I really hope he hasn't just left me at some murderers house, wanting to kill me off. 

He had been way too nice to me yesterday, and now I was afraid that we would go back to the argumentative people we were. I knew they meant nothing to him, and that he didn't say those things to hurt me, as I didn't want to hurt him either, but I just wanted to be friends with him. I was beyond the point now of arguing with people. 

There was no use arguing with people when it gets you nowhere. "Ana?" a scruffy voice caught my attention, as I whipped my head so quickly I was surprised I didn't get whiplash, away from my feet and to the person standing at the bottom of the stairs. 

The one and only, Archer Armani. Angus Armani's older brother whom had been my sisters boyfriend since the day they met. The two had loved each other, right up until she had passed away in the car accident that was supposedly my fault in my mothers eyes. 

Archer Armani, at the time, had just moved here, quickly claiming the nickname, 'The Bad Boy', as he also became best friends with my older brother River. The family had moved in to town, and slipping into pre-existing friendship groups like they had always been there. That was until my older twin siblings passed away, some people had their suspicions that it had to do with the Armani's. 

With those accusations circulating everything the older two boys did, they disappeared, and people almost forgot that they even existed. Most people in my year tried to ask me questions about it, but I never knew. Even though we had been family friends, even close enough to have some family dinners, I never enjoyed them much. 

All because of Angus. I usually tried to forget about those dinners that we once had, as it involved people that had caused my mother to be the way she is today, and it was for the best. But for some reason, it was refreshing, seeing someone that had treated me like a little sister at some point in time. 

Archer had been the one that had delivered me the invite to Angus' party. He had been the same person that bought me a gift on my birthday, for Christmas. If he knew that I had had a bad day at school, he had gotten my number from my sister, and texted me personally. It was nothing weird, it was just like another older brother, but one that cared more.