07. Just Listen To Me

- Annalise Lauren - 

 - Annalise Lauren - 

"Just Listen To Me"

As I sat around the table, watching everyone disappear with someone else, then come back to join the game again, I started to grow a little uncomfortable. I had fallen silent, as on one side, my two friends were sat, chatting with one another,  while Angus sat on my other side. 

I didn't want to play this game, as I watched all the older girls lay themselves all over the hockey boys, as I sat in silence. I didn't like it one bit. Especially when my older brother was staring me down, like I had done something wrong. 

He did have a girl on his lap, while he rubbed his hand up and down his thigh, but I distracted him from that. I was sure that was why he looked so deathly still at me. I was nudged lightly, but I didn't move, keeping my eyes directed towards my older brother, trying to sink into his thick head. 

She kept kissing him on the cheek and running her hands through his hair, while he kept his attention on me. I shouldn't have to be witness to my brother and a girl, but I was, and that made this entire situation worse. 

"Annalise, your turn" I shook my head, finally diverting my eyes away from Aiden and to Angus beside me. "Annalise, come on" I shook my head again, feeling my cheeks heat up as everyone in the room had gone deathly silent. 

"Does the little girl not want to play a big girl game?" one of the hockey boys that I had once been close with, decided to shout. "Yeah, such a quitter" someone else chirped at me, but I kept my eyes directed at Angus. "I don't want to play. Just skip me" I tried to move out of the circle, but Angus wouldn't allow it. 

"Just do it, Annalise" Angus's voice wasn't like it had been whenever we were together. It was dark, and it made this whole situation worse. I threw my gaze towards Aiden, who couldn't even look me in the eye anymore. He didn't even have the decency to understand that I wanted no part in this game, from the start. 

I stood up, turning my dark and heated gaze back to Angus one more time, before I threw it back to Aiden, pushing the chair back harshly, before I was running out of the room. I heard footsteps chase after me, as I wiped the tears from under my eyes. 

"You alright Anna?" Avery questioned, cupping my face in her hands as I put a hand over my mouth, trying to find it in me to swallow down the lump in my throat. I nodded, knowing that if I had said a single word, the dam would have let loose down my cheeks, and that was not going to happen in a place like this. 

"I'll get Aiden" Hayley murmured, rushing off. I tried to grab her, call out to her, just anything to stop her from getting my brother. He was already disgusted in me, so I didn't think that it would be a great idea for him to be around me, his little sister. 

I wrapped my arms around myself, as I felt Avery wrap hers over the top of mine. "I shouldn't of let it happen" she murmured, as I made no move to correct her or change her thoughts. I just couldn't find it in me to speak.