01. I Don't Even Know Anymore

| Annalise Lauren |

| Annalise Lauren |

"I don't even know anymore"

"Why did you do that?" my coach sneered in my ear before she moved around me in a circle. "Why did you do that, huh?" she questioned again.

Why did I do what I did? I couldn't possibly tell you. I just did what I was told to do, as I always do. That was who I am; you gave me something to do, and I would do it. That's all I had grown up doing.

"Your done for the day, mute" the constant name my coach had for me because I wasn't like the others. I didn't speak back; I rarely spoke at all.

How were you supposed to talk when you were either told to shut up by your older brother, or your parents were never home for you to talk to? Tell me, where you see that I am supposed to be talkative.

I'm not a loner at school, clearly because of my older brother, Aiden, popularity and who my parents are, but that still doesn't mean that I like to talk at all, especially to the coach that I have had for years, and I am still her least favourite.

I've always been a least favourite to most people, but my coach, Leilani, has never liked me from day one. She expected me to be a snobby, rude kid like all the other upper-class children are, but I was, or at least used to be, a softly spoken little girl who was very timid. And still is to this day.

I've lost a lot of things in my life that has contributed to this, but I never tell anyone how much it affects me. It's better to smile and nod your head than explain to everyone what your life is really like. It's supposed to be perfect, not breaking apart.

So, I skated away, just like she had told me to do so, and walked towards the change rooms, just like every other day. But this time, I wasn't expecting to crash into someone I hadn't seen much of in the past couple of weeks.

"Aiden?" I questioned, my voice a little hoarse from the lack of use. I had wondered where my brother had gotten off to in the past couple of weeks. My parents had just shushed me and told me that he went to camp, but for 4 weeks? I don't think so.

I'm not stupid, mother and father, so stop trying to lie to me. You've done it once before and look how that turned out. The worst thing possible. You broke me and you didn't even notice.

"What Ana?" he huffed in annoyance. Really feeling the love, brother. "Just haven't seen you in a while, that's all" I spoke, moving out of his way, because I knew he wouldn't say another word to me.

He didn't say much to me after that day, and I didn't bother to speak much to him either. It was just how we worked from now on.

I watched as he climbed onto the rink, so effortlessly, before I noticed the rest of his hockey team coming the same way, so I sidestepped them all, trying to walk towards the change rooms. I really didn't want to speak to any of them.