18. Panic Attack

| Annalise Lauren |

| Annalise Lauren |

"Panic Attack" 

Rolling over, I didn't want to open my eyes. I could feel the heat prickling everywhere along my skin, making me sub-consciously push whatever was touching me, away, and trying to breathe on my own. I still felt like I was being suffocated and pushed down. I felt hot all over, and I hated it. 

As I tried to roll somewhere, I just felt something pull me back, and much tighter than my liking. When I stopped moving, the feeling slowly dissipated, before I moved again. Every time I made a single movement, something pulled me back in or kept touching me. I hated this feeling, but I was craving the sleep that I hadn't been getting until I had been at Angus'. 

Slowly opening my eyes, I felt a bright light shining into my eyes. I looked down, to see that I was no longer on the hospital bed that I had fallen asleep on, and I was much closer to the ground. No longer was I surrounded by white, paper thin sheets, but rather a grey couch that felt weirdly soft, even softer than the crappy mattress I had fallen asleep on. 

My breathing picked up, when I noticed that my brother was no longer in the hospital bed that the two of us had fallen asleep in together. "Hey, hey, hey, it's ok" a voice murmured, making me jolt away from the comfortable position I was, to the other end of the couch. "I didn't mean to scare you" that was when I realized that I had fallen asleep with Alistair Armani on the couch. 

Curling up on the other side of the small couch, I tucked my legs into my chest. I wasn't usually scared of Alistair, but that was when he wasn't taking up half of the couch that I had just woken up on, unsure of everything that was going on around me. 

He had saved me from rolling off this couch, in my attempts to get away from him and to make my body stop feeling like I hadn't just walked out of a sauna and into the warm, summers air that made your feet burn. I was still burning up as my entire body felt like it was shaking and would not stop anytime soon. 

Tucking my feet under myself, I wrapped my arms around my bent knees, before I was pushing my head behind them, as a form of protection. I could feel the hurried rise and fall of my chest, as a constricting pain shattered through my entire chest. The one that I had been having since I was of the age of six, and had always been told that it was chest pains. That they were normal.

I couldn't stop thinking about where my brother had gotten too. He was injured and should still be resting in his bed, not off somewhere else. I just really hope that he hadn't left me here, after the information that we had found out a few days ago. The worrying information that left us with a shitty position in life. 

There was no way that our 'parents' would know that we know. But, if we didn't get out of this situation with them, then we would be stuck in this cycle of constant hurt and pain. The words that were constantly used to degrade us and make sure that we felt like we worse than they were. That we didn't deserve to be taken to hospitals for our medical conditions.