Tfp Ratchet x Optimus

Requested by Emo_girl3365

For some time Ratchet had been silent, he had also begun to lock himself away in his room. Finding it hard to focus on anything he stopped working on his side experiments and as a medic. Every time someone tried to come to him he walked away.

Every time someone tried to talk to him he snapped and yelled at them. Then went silent and rushed off. He had blamed himself for the whole mess with the Synth-En. He only wished to help his team, but in the end it only ended being a big mess. He had fully healed since getting stabbed by Megatron, and that alone was a different subject. He had started getting nightmares, he had gotten anxiety from the whole ordeal. Every time he closed his optics he saw Megatron waiting to finish him.

And because of that he lost his motivation to work, to do his experiments. Grown silent, and distant.

Everyone was worried about him. But was to scared to approach him. Only Optimus tried to reach out to his friend. Tried to talk to him even though he never got a response. He made sure to leave some energon for the medic and allowed him his space.

(Mini time skip)

Another week had passed. Another week of Ratchet locking himself away, never speaking a word. So they called in someone they hope could help. As the white wrecker came through the ground bridge, he looked around.

Optimus had called Wheeljack previously, without the others knowing. And asked if he could help. He told the wrecker everything, and in turn Wheeljack told him what was wrong. He knew that was was bothering the medic was guilt, and fear.

"Where's the doc?" He asked.

"In his room, hasn't come out for a whole week" Arcee said.

"Hasn't spoken either" Bulkhead added.

"They figured you could help him" Fowler said as he stood on the platform.

"Oh sure I can help. I know the doc real well, just give me a moment with him yeah" Wheeljack said as he walked down the tunnel.

As Wheeljack got to Ratchets room, he heard the mech talking to himself. Scolding himself, he stood outside the door and heard everything he said. Shaking his helm he knocked on the door.

As ratchet opened the door he saw Wheeljack. He was shocked to the the mech had returned,  but he didn't even wish to see him.

"List here sunshine, you've got everyone out there worried about ya. Now, what's going on in that helm of yours huh?" The mech said as he sat on the berth.

(Main room)

"Think Wheeljack will get through to him?" Arcee asked.

"Of course he will" Bulkhead said.

"How do you know Bulk?" Miko asked.

"Those two used to date...but they ended the relationship for reasons that Jackie didn't share. But I know he can help" Bulkhead said.

Wheeljack came in and pulled the prime to the side, telling the others they would be back. When they entered Ratchets room, ratchet looked up at the prime and took a shaky breath.

"I'm sorry for my sudden attitude...I uh, guess I felt rather useless that I can't do more to help, and guilty that I caused a big mess after that synth-en fiasco" Ratceht said.

"you don't need to be sorry, we are just happy your still here, and your not useless, you take care of us. Keep us healthy and safe. Even if I'm not here most of the time" Wheeljack said.

"Wheeljack is right, though we could learn to help out more around the base. You are very important to all of us, and to me. We would be lost without you" Optimus said.

Ratchet gave a weak smile and a single tear slid down his face. Optimus gently Wiped it away.

Wheejack went to tell the others, and that ratchet should start feeling better in no time. And also to play lob ball with Bulkhead. Optimus stayed with ratchet who was happy for the quiet.

(Major time skip)

Optimus and ratchet had bonded a couple years back. Ratchet holding their child they had. They worried nonstop, they were still fighting the war. They had no clue what would happen the next day. But they made each moment special. Their little bundle of joy always laughed and smiled.

Everyone was shocked, when Wheeljack and Magnus announced they were a couple. Ratchet snickered, he had begun to be his old self more and more. Though he still had anxiety attacks. Optimus was there to help him.

The kids watched Ratchet with his sparkling, who was in recharge. Cuddling her helm against his chest plates. Miko quickly snapped a picture.

"Are you taking pictures again?" He asked.

"Maybe" she smiled.

"Just don't wake up Lunar" Ratchet warned.

"Now why would I do that?" Miko said looking up.

"Cause your normally the loud one" Ratchet grumped.

"I can be quiet!" Miko huffed.

"Then don't scream, but there's a spider in front of you" Jack said.

"AAAHHHHHH!" Miko screamed and ran away.

"Primus Miko!" Ratchet sighed, rocking Lunar gently to calm her whimpering.

"Miko means well, we all have fears" Optimus said calmly.

"I know...at least Lunar isn't difficult when it comes to recharge" Ratchet smiled.