Not Alone

Oh no, oh no no no...

"This can't be happening," I muttered, and began biting the nail on my thumb. There was absolutely no chance the Ciphers wouldn't come to the Shack now.

"(Y/N), are you alright?" Ford asked me, obviously very concerned.

"Ford, the plan's ruined! Bill's gonna be on his way any second and he's gonna know that I'm trying to defeat him, and the twins are gonna know, and, and-"

Ford placed a hand on my shoulder in an attempt to calm me down. "I need you to breathe, (Y/N). We are going to figure this out, and you are allowed to be worried right now, but first you must stay with me. We need to be level-headed if we are going to fix this."

I think he could tell I was still terrified, so he turned towards me, placed his other hand on my other shoulder and kneeled in front of me.

"I haven't known you for long, (Y/N), but if you've proven anything, it's that you are incredibly brave. You are capable and determined, and no matter what happens, there are people here that care about you."
Ford laughed to himself. "Heck, Dipper cares so much, I don't think he ever stops thinking about you."

Ford payed attention to the fact that my eyes widened, and he smiled. He got up onto his feet and put a hand on my back.

"My point is," he said softly, "you don't have to do this alone. I know I may have worried you before, but those two kids are a compassionate pair. They won't be angry at you if you just ask for help."

I took a deep breath and held it for a little. As I exhaled, I prepared myself for my terrifying future. 'Ford was right,' I told myself, 'Dipper and Mabel love you. You are not alone.'

"Okay. I'm ready." He nodded, and we walked to the front door. Once it was opened and we were inside, Ford called to everyone.

"We're home." Dipper and Mabel came running to us.

Mabel squealed, "Oh, I'm so excited!"

I laughed. "So excited that you... covered the Shack in glitter?"

"Mabel insisted," said Dipper. "She knows that our last party wasn't that great, so she's working extra hard."

"And it's all gonna be worth it when we're totally passed out from partying!" She threw her hands up in the air excitedly.

Dipper took my hand and led me to the living room. "We only need to set up a couple more things, but I think the guests are on the way. Why don't you get ready?"

"Right." Dipper and Mabel left to finish setting up the party room, so I took this opportunity to speak with Ford more. I took his coat sleeve and lead him to the gift shop to talk in private.

Once it was quiet enough to my liking, I decided the more information Ford told me, the better. I still wasn't sure what I was going to tell the twins...

"If I remember correctly, you guys didn't originally defeat Bill with the Zodiac. So, how did you beat him?"

"Well, before our final showdown with Bill, Stanley and I met with an old friend of mine. Fiddleford was quite the scholar, and he created a fascinating mechanism that could erase one's memory."

"Oh! I remember that! Dipper told me all about it."

"Figures," Ford chuckled.

I bit my nail. "So... um... would it be possible to get my hands on one of those...?"

Ford widened his eyes in shock, then quickly glowered. He put a hand to his chin. "Hypothetically, yes, I'm sure I could ask Fiddleford to dig up the old blueprints but-"