The Lake

When I woke up the next morning, I was still on the chair sitting next to Dipper. He was still asleep and was leaning with his back against my soulder and his legs dangling over the arm of the chair. I didn't really know what to do because I didn't want to wake him up, but I wanted to change out of my costume that I was still in. Dipper was lucky, he ran out to change out of his costime before falling asleep. I sat there, staring off into space before being interrupted by my phone buzzing. I turned my head and looked at my phone on the chair's arm that showed a text from Mabel.

"SOS Com e upt siars quikc !"

Her text was very distorted, but I could still decipher, "SOS Come upstairs quick!" Then another text came in.

"An d hru ry!"

"And hurry!"

I didn't want to, but I forced myself to shake Dipper to wake him up. At first it was gently.

"Dipper... Wake up..." I whispered. Then I shook him a little harder. "Dipper!" I whisper shouted in his ear. I shook him even more, and after plenty of shaking, I just shouted in his ear. "Dipper! Wake up!!"

"Wha? Oh..." He finally woke up and opened one of his eyes. He sat up straight and rubbed his eyes. "What's up, buttercup?" He said enthusiastically after fully waking up.

I ignored his small remark, then showed him the texts. "Mabel seems to be having trouble..."

"Oh... Well let's go check up on her then."

He took my hand and led me upstairs. When we got there, Dipper slowly opened the door to Mabel's room. When the door was fully open, it revealed Mabel sitting in her bed, throwing up into a trash can.

"Phew! You guys are..." She threw up into the trash can again. "...you're here...!"

"Woah! Mabel, what's wrong?" I asked after walking up to Mabel's limp body spread across her bed.

"I think I ate too much candy last night..." She held her stomach and frowned.

I found that she had a high fever and a very upset stomach. I had her stay in bed and rest for the day. I emptied the trash can and brought it back to her.

"Need anything else?" I asked.

"Maybe just some water..."

"Okay, I'll be right back. Hang tight."

I went downstairs to get a cup of water for Mabel. I walked through the living room and stopped after seeing Dipper sitting in the yellow chair and writing in his journal very secretly, as if he didn't want anyone to know what he was writing. I decided to leave him alone for now, as he clearly was oblivious to the fact that I was even in the room. I got a cup of water and went back into the living room to get to Mabel's room. Before I could leave, however, Dipper noticed me this time.

"Oh, hey, (Y/N)!" He stood up and closed his journal while walking up to me. "So, I'm planning on going to the lake to investigate something. Wanna join?"

"Sure. Just let me check up on Mabel before we go."

"Oh, right. I'll come up with you."

We went upstairs and opened the door to see Mabel, throwing up into the trash can more.

"There you are..." She whispered lightly.

I gave her the cup of water and set it on the table next to her.

"Anything else?"

"No, I think I'm fine for now. Thanks."

"Alright. Dipper and I'll be back after..." I looked over to Dipper, "How long?" He shrugged. "Oh, uh... Dipper and I will be back... at some point."