A Chaotic Party (Part 2)

-Dipper's POV-

So we made our way to the party room and soon, people began filtering in.

I was standing by the table filled with snacks waiting for Soos to start playing the music. Once enough people came in, he played some songs.

I got bored pretty quickly, so picked up a cookie and left to find (Y/N). I did really want to hang out with her tonight, after all. I found her sitting on a couch with Mabel, talking.

"What'chya talking about?" I asked while holding my hands, with the cookie, behind my back.

(Y/N) shrugged, "Nothing much, Mabel's just telling me who everyone is in case I talk to them."

"And how's that going?" I sat down next to her and took a bite out of the cookie.

"Not very well..." She laughed lightly.

"She keeps forgetting everone's names! It's like she doesn't have a memory!" Mabel complained and they laughed together.

"Maybe we should give up on this name thing, Mabel." (Y/N) suggested.

"You're right." I saw Candy and Grenda walk into the room. "Ohmygosh! They're here!" Mabel jumped up and ran to talk to them, leaving (Y/N) and I on the couch.

"So, (Y/N)-" I was about to ask her to hang out on the roof with me before I was interrupted by Mill and Will coming by.

"Hey Dipper!" Mill smiled.

"Hi, (Y/N)..." Will spoke softly, just loud enough for you to hear him over the music.

"Hi!" (Y/N) beamed at them and stood up.

"Oh, hi guys." I looked away.

"You guys threw a great party! Hey Dipper, let's dance!" Mill exclaimed and grabbed my wrist, bringing me to the dance floor.

"Uh, I-I'd rather not... I don't... dance..."

"Aw! Come on, it'll be fun! Just follow my lead."

I did like Mill's company, but I'd much rather spend time with (Y/N). I looked behind me to see her. She looked back and gave me an akward smile and thumbs up. Will came by and took her to the dance floor as well.

(Y/N) seemed uncomfortable and didn't want to dance either. Occaisonally, she'd glance over at me with uncertainty about the situation.

"Mill... I, uh..." I stuttered to find an excuse to get out of dancing with her.

"Yeah, Dipper?"

"I... I gotta go... to the bathroom."

"Oh, alright, but hurry back!" I shot her a smile and when she stepped back and turned toward the front of the room, took the opportunity to run off and sit at the steps. I looked over to (Y/N) and she looked back.

She mouthed "help me" with a concerned and somewhat annoyed expression.

I mouthed back "find an excuse" when I understood how much she wanted to be out of the situation.

She nodded and faced back to Will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-(Y/N)'s POV-

"Hey, uh, Will..."

"Yeah?"

"I.. uh... I'm thirsty! I'm just gonna go get some punch..."

"Oh, okay..." He smiled warmly and walked over to Mill.

I swiftly made my way to the steps to meet Dipper.