His Journal

While Dipper and I walked normally to the diner, Mabel skipped along, sometimes going ahead of us, and sometimes falling behind. Soon, we made it to the diner, went in, and sat at a table. Dipper sat on one side, and Mabel and I sat on the other. The lady that helped my find my grandparents' house walked over to us.

"Lazy Susan!" Mabel smiled.

"Yup! That's me! Now, do you have any idea what you want to eat?" Lazy Susan asked sweetly.

We ordered everything we wanted and waited for our food to arrive. It was mostly silence, but Mabel broke it eventually.

"Sooo... What did you two do at the lake today?" She asked and bounced in her seat, hoping for an interesting response.

"We didn't quite do what we were trying to..." Dipper spoke while looking out the window at first, then he turned his head to look at us. He smiled, "But it was still fun."

"Well, what happened?" She urged and leaned over to whisper in my ear. "...And did you make a move on him?"

I giggled, not taking my eyes off of Dipper who turned his head to look out the window again.

"I guess you could say that." I smiled.

"Wait, what? Really?" In her surprise, she stopped whispering and began talking normally. "What did you do?"

"Nothing too bold."

"Give me details!"

"Oh, I just splashed him and then we had a whole splash fight, he pushed me into the water, I pulled him in, then we dried off."

"Was that it?" She asked in dissatisfaction.

"No... When we were on the dock we sat next to each other and talked for a while. He apologized for almost leading us into danger and hoped I could forgive him. I was feeling confident and held his hand, and told him I did forgive him." I explained quietly so Dipper didn't hear us.

Mabel got excited. "What did he do?"

"He just looked at our hands and held mine tighter, and I leaned on his shoulder."

She squealed, which caused Dipper to give us a questioning look. "Why are you squealing?" He asked.

I glanced at Mabel, making sure she wouldn't spill any secrets.

"Oh, nothing..." She winked at me comically.

Dipper looked at me with the same questioning glance, and I just smiled.

"The food's here!" Mabel yelled in excitement.

We ate our food and talked a little more, then payed and went home. Once we arrived, I went upstairs and sat on my sleeping bag with my legs crossed. Dipper came up and sat on his bed.

"What were you and Mabel talking about at the diner?"

"Oh, nothing much. Just what we did at the lake." I looked up at him.

He had rosey cheeks and was biting his lip. "How much did you tell her?"

"Um..." I looked down at my hands. "Just that we had a splash fight then sat on the dock..."

"That was it?"

"Uh... yeah."

"Okay. Hey, we were just about to-"

Dipper was interrupted by the sound of Mabel screaming. We looked at each other in worry, then ran downstairs.

"Mabel?!" Dipper shouted. "Are you... okay?"