I Promise

-Dipper's POV (journal entry)-

"Time has been passing very quickly. Not much has happened recently besides a couple of adventures (and misadventures), but it's been fun. Mabel, (Y/N), and I have become our own trio, and have been going throughout Gravity Falls, tackling past mysteries, and new ones.

Pacifica's parents got a house that was just a bit smaller than their original mansion, but it didn't seem to bother Pacifica too much. They still had their big Northwest Mansion party, and we were invited again, dispite our past problems with the Northwest family.

Pacifica isn't as bad of a girl as some people make her out to be. She came over almost everyday to hang out with us, and have her private "being a good person" lessons with Mabel. She's gotten better since then.

Somehow, Mabel became even more bubbly and outgoing. She's been spending a lot of time with Pacifica while I take (Y/N) on new mystery hunts and and adventures.

Speaking of (Y/N), we've been getting a lot closer lately. Between the adventures and just spending time doing stuff together, we've become closer than ever. I love being able to spend time with her and do stupid stuff without it being awkward.

I wish things could stay like this forever."

Then I closed my journal and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was on the roof again. It was dark and the moon barely lit the rest of the area to where I could see my surroundings. The pine trees seemed extra tall, but I didn't question it, assuming I was dreaming. Not that it was terrible, I enjoyed the place, but I knew what was about to happen. I sighed, and prepared myself for the encounter.

Then, immediatley after, Bill popped in with a bright flash next to me and adjusted his eyepatch.

"Heya there, Pine Tree! Nice to see you again!" I stayed silent as I looked up at the stars. "Huh, I guess the stars are kinda interesting..." He tried following my line of sight, glancing at the stars himself. "But what's so interesting about them to make you ignore me?"

"I just don't want to talk to you right now." I said, not tearing my eyes away from the night sky.

"Too bad! I'm not leavin'." He crossed his legs, signaling that he was getting comfortable for a conversation. "What's with that girl, Pine Tree?"

"You're talking about (Y/N), aren't you?" I asked.

"Precisely." He nodded.

"Well, what about her?"

"Flower Crown... She's strange, is she not?"

I rolled my eyes. "You're so vague."

"I mean, you only knew her for... one, two weeks? Then you thought you fell in love..." I sighed as he spoke. "You're too silly, Pine Tree... She's deceiving you."

"I know you're just being manipulative." I said calmly.

"No, that's what you think... Not what you know." He paused for a bit and tilted his head. "Do you trust her?"

I paused... "Yes, I do." I looked at the patch of grass a few yards under my dangling feet.

"You seem so confident about it... You've known this girl for less than a month, yet you think she is so reliable! It's pathetic that you would give your trust to someone so easily..."

"We've been through a lot, Bill. Sure, it's been a short amount of time, but we still have some experience with each other."

Bill scoffed. "Like I said, pathetic."