A Place To Stay

(F/C)- Favorite Color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I payed for my food, I left the diner just as the sun was sinking behind the trees. I took out the paper with directions that the lady gave me and headed for my grandparents' house.

When I arrived, I knocked on the door and waited for an answer...

But there was no answer.

I knocked again...

Still know answer.

I rang the doorbell...

Again, no answer.

I guess they weren't home...

Eventually, I gave up and decided to look for a hotel in town... There had to be one somewhere...

As I was walking around, I wondered why my grandparents weren't home. Did my parents not tell them I was coming and they ended up leaving somewhere? Then my mind began to wander in darker places. Did something bad happen to them? Are they hurt?

I decided to shake the bad thoughts away and keep moving. Eventually, the sun was pretty much out of sight, and the only thing allowing me see was the dim streetlights.

I was getting tired and I couldn't think straight anymore when I saw a bunch of tiny men with tall, red hats skittering across the road...

WAIT WHAT?!

Once I actually realized what I just saw, I screamed, dropped my bags, and started running in the opposite direction.

I heard one of them mention something about a queen, then they all started chasing me! Before I was able to process most of what was happening, I had tripped, fallen, and been tied up and carried into the forest!

On they way, I kept screaming for help.

"Let go of me! Someone help!"

"Can someone please quiet them down?! We might get caught again!" One of the little men whisper-shouted.

"Again?! How often do you kidnap people?!" I shouted and squirmed in the ropes.

"Every time we find a suitable queen, I guess. Now, Shmebulock, quiet the kid," the little man ordered.

Just to spite them, I shouted even louder.

"HEEEEEEELP!!!"

Then the one I assumed to be Shmebulock put duct tape over my mouth. Where did they even get that?

As much as I struggled and let out muffled shouts, I couldn't get away from these tiny creatures. They can really tie a person up...

With enough concentration and effort, I could bite the duct tape and blow it away. It was very difficult, though. After it was gone, I kept screaming. Somebody had to hear me.

"HELP ME!!!"

"Wha- How did you get the duct tape off?!"

"Better question: Let go of me!" I yelled.

"That's not even a question!" I kicked him in the face with my leg that was a bit loose. "Ow! What the heck?!"

"I said let go of me!"

"Not a chance- Wait! I heard someone! Everyone run!" They all ran from underneath me and let me hit the ground as they hid in bushes and behind trees.

"Ow!" I sat up. "Jerks..."

"Dipper... What are we doing out here at two in the morning?!"

"Mabel! I told you! I heard someone!" I began hearing two voices come closer to me.