Giant Flower Field

I sat there, my back against a tree standing alongside the others towering over me. The sun was setting... I was running for a while until I could barely breathe so I sat down and took a break...

How far had I run? We're the twins and their friends coming after me? Would I be able to get back to the Shack by myself?

Too many questions raced through my mind as I looked up at the orange and pink sky, panting for air. My chest and my head hurt, both aching worse than ever before. I didn't understand why I had been so angry at Dipper... I guess I just needed some space...

This seemed dramatic, even for me... I totally failed on them... I literally met Dipper less than a week ago! How could I be so attached to him already?! It was so confusing...

I sighed and covered my face with my sleeves. Soon, clouds began to roll over the forest and it rained. Luckily, the tree I was under sheltered me from most of the rain, but occasionally a large drop of collected water from the tree would fall onto my head, soaking my hair. I looked up and saw the moon and stars shining through the clouds.

Eventually, the rain died down and it was only sprinkling. I wiped the rain drops on my face away and stood up. I walked through the forest, trying my hardest to remember where I came from to try and get home.

I had been walking for a while, attempting to make it back to the Shack... the sun was starting to rise... Wow, I really had been walking for a long time...

Soon, the sun was atop the horizon, fully visible. I was tired, but I had to keep walking... I needed to get back home, even if I didn't want to see Mill again, I couldn't stand the thought of Dipper worrying... He said he cared about me...

Then a thought popped into my mind... It wasn't a good one, either. In fact, it was terrible. So terrible, that it made me stop dead in my tracks, which let me think more and spiral...

What if he's happier without me? What if he thinks that being with Mill is better than being with me? What if he doesn't even care that I'm gone?

"I'm such a jealous wreck..." I whispered to myself...

"What are you so jealous about?"

I jumped at the sudden voice that came from behind me and turned around. It was a gnome, peeking out from a bush.

"Ah! Please don't kidnap me again!" I screamed.

"Don't worry, I'm alone, I can't kidnap you by myself!" I stayed silent, but relaxed a little more. "So, tell me, what are you so jealous about?"

"Uh... Well..." I knew I couldn't trust the gnomes, but when I looked around, he truly was alone. Talking to someone about this would really help right now... And Mabel isn't around...

"Well...? Come on! I'm curious!"

"Well..." I sat down next to the bush the gnome was in. "There's this guy..." He nodded to let me know he was listening. "And I really really like him... I mean, how could anyone not? He's amazing... Recently, we met these two named Mill and Will... And Mill... We were playing mini golf and he did something super cool that I was going to compliment him on, but she got to him first... So I got super jealous..."

"Ah, the classic jealousy story... Anyways, I'll be on my way now! Bye!"

"Wait, what? That's it? You're just gonna leave like that?" The gnome ran out of sight. "Ugh... Fine..." I crossed my arms and stood up to continue walking, looking over my sholder and grumbling.

As a result of not looking where I was going, I ran into a tree! Great job, (Y/N)! I fell back on the ground and rubbed my head. I looked back at the tree that had a couple directional signs.