A Pit In My Stomach

-Dreeeeam tiiiime-

I was standing in pitch black room... I assumed I was dreaming again, so I waited in silence for a moment. I looked around to see if Bill might be anywhere, but I didn't see anyone. I was confused at first, but then I heard a familiar laugh ringing from behind me. A bright yellow light flashed in my eyes. I almost flinched, but turned around with a tired and annoyed look across my face.

"What do you want, Cipher?" I begrudgingly asked, crossing my arms.

"Now, what makes you think that I want something from you?"

"Don't play games with me, you always want something!"

"My, my... You know me too well... Maybe we could become friends..."

"Like I would ever be friends with you." I scoffed.

He shrugged. "Whatever floats your boat... But you might want to be prepared for the future..."

"What's coming in the future?"

"Well, let's just say that we'll be getting closer soon..."

"Let me guess; if I question what that means you'll disappe-" His body began fading out of vision until he was gone, "Yup, that's what I thought."

The world began blurring... Guess I'm waking up...

When I opened my eyes I was still sitting on the big yellow chair in front of the TV. As soon as I got rid of the numb feeling in my body, I realized that Dipper was sitting next to me and leaning on my shoulder. I felt stiff and wanted to stretch, but I didn't want to disturb Dipper, he looked so peaceful. I assumed Dipper had no idea that I was awake, and I was afraid that if I revealed my wakefulness, he'd stop leaning on me... Wait, why did I care so much? Sure, I guess I like like him, but there's no chance that he likes me back... You're a lost cause, (Y/N)...

I quietly laughed to myself, but apparently not quiet enough... Dipper jumped and moved away. Dang it...

"O-Oh! I-I uh... didn't know you were... awake..." He looked down and rubbed the back of his neck. "S... Sorry..." He's so adorable...

"Um... It's okay..."

We sat in silence for a while, just awkwardly watching TV. Eventually we became a little more comfortable and we weren't so tense. Something funny would occasionally pop up on the TV and Dipper would laugh the cutest laugh...

God, I had really fallen for this guy... and so quickly too!

I hadn't realized I had been just staring blankly at the wall until Mabel waved her hand in front of my face.

"Hellooo? Earth to (Y/N)??" She called.

I shook my head to bring myself back into reality. "Sorry... Was just thinking..."

"About what?" Dipper tilted his head.

"Uh..." I felt my cheeks heat up soon after recalling what I was really thinking about. "N-Nothing important..."

Mabel clapped. "Cool, anyways," she shouted, interrupting the silence, "(Y/N), we are going into town to shop for new clothes. You need them desperately!"

"Can I join?" Dipper asked.

Mabel giggled. "Sure! If you really want to..."

As Dipper stood up and ran upstairs to get ready, Mabel nudged my arm and wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Girl, he totally wants to come just to hang out with you more! Maybe he likes you~!" She whisper-shouted to me.

I sighed. "Yeah, right. As if someone as amazing... and adorable... and smart as Dipper co-"