Comfortable

The next morning, I was woken up by the sound of footsteps pacing around the room. I sat up and rubbed the sleepiness from my eyes and looked up to see Dipper. He was walking back and forth with his journal in his hands, while chewing on a pen.

"Dipper?" I whispered and looked to see the alarm clock on the table next to me. "What are you doing up at... four in the morning?!"

"I just... couldn't sleep."

"What's the matter?"

"N... Nothing... You can go back to sleep if you want..."

"Well, you've gotta be up for a reason... Have you gotten any sleep tonight?"

"Um... No..."

"Come on, Dipper..."  I stood up and walked over to him. "Seriously, what's wrong?"

"I just... heard a noise..."

"Elaborate..." I told him with a raised eyebrow.

"It was a lot of bumping and shouting... I thought at first it could be ghosts, but no other signs pointed to it..."

"Where did you hear it?" I asked, ready to get to the bottom of this.

"Downstairs." He whispered and I took a moment to think. I gestured for him to follow and we made our way downstairs to the giftshop. Soon, I began hearing the noise as well and we concluded that it was coming from the vending machine? "It... It's in there..." Dipper said anxiously.

"What do you mean? It's a vending machine."

"Yeah, there's a lab behind it."

"Okay... how do we get in?"

"Why would we want to go in?"

"To see what's causing so much noise, duh..."

"Um... okay then..."

I could tell Dipper was scared, but I didn't really understand why. He's told me stories of terrible and terrifying things happening to him, and we don't even know what's inside there! It could be harmless for all we know, but I guess Dipper did mention that you never really get used to it.

He hesitantly reached for the buttons of the vending machine and punched in some sort of code. As soon as he hit the last button, he ran and hid behind me. A big cloud of smoke shot out from behind the machine, and I stepped back, bracing for what would escape from it.

We heard a pair of gasps of relief come from behind the vending machine.

"Oh thank goodness!" A voice identical to mine spoke.

"I told you we would be able to get out!" Another voice, much like Dipper's, said after.

When the smoke cleared, we were met with our clones!

"Oh... It's just you guys." Dipper relaxed, stepped to the side, and cleared his throat. "I wasn't scared at all..."

"Suuuure..." I said sarcastically as I nudged his arm and smiled.

"You saved us!" (N/N) smiled and looked over to Tyrone. "We are forever in your debt!" She bowed playfully.

"Yes!" Tyrone agreed. "However can we repay you?"

We all laughed, but quietly to make sure we didn't wake anyone up.

"How about telling us how you got stuck in there?" I suggested as their "repayment".

"Oh! Of course, Tyrone, you start." (N/N) suggested.

"Right," he began, "Well, when you guys left with Mill and Will to the golf course or whatever, we were bored and wanted to do some adventuring."

"Mhmm." (N/N) nodded. "And we were too lazy to leave the house, so we looked through Dipper's journal to see if there was anything interesting to do inside!"

Tyrone continued, "We found a code to a 'secret lab' behind the vending machine and thought it would be fun to explore..."

"But the door got stuck and we were locked in!"

"(N/N) was worried we'd be stuck in there for forever, but I insisted we would be fine." Tyrone crossed his arms.

(N/N) laughed. "Yeah right! You were just as scared as I was, if not even more!"

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Tyrone huffed. "I was perfectly brave, and you were sitting on the floor waiting for our death!"

"Oh no, I was the one who was brave! I had the idea to actually try and yell for help!"

They continued to argue for a couple of minutes until Dipper and I decided to stop them before they were screaming.

"Okay, okay! Calm down!" Dipper spoke over them. "You're gonna wake everyone up!"

"Yeah, you two can argue later, but for now, I think we should all get some sleep." I insisted.

They agreed so Tyrone and (N/N) slept in the yellow chair downstairs and Dipper and I went upstairs.

I got in my sleeping bag and Dipper got in his bed.

"We should invest in a bed for you." Dipper whispered suddenly. "I'm sure you're very uncomfortable sleeping on the floor every night."

"Oh, it's not so bad, really." I replied. "Just a hard floor and the occaisonal splinter in the back." I laughed lightly.

"That doesn't sound very enjoyable to me. Uh, here..." Dipper threw his blanket away from him and stood up. "You can take my bed. I'll sleep on the floor."

I sat up in my sleeping bag. "Oh, no, it's fine. You don't have to-"

"No, I insist."

After much disagreeing, I was forced to sleep in Dipper's bed. He didn't give me much of a choice. I was laying in his bed, staring up at the ceiling eventually.

I turned my head to look at him. "Dipper, you really didn't have t-"

He shushed me. "Don't worry about it, (Y/N). As long as your comfortable, I'm comfortable."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!

I know this chapter was super short, but I wanted to figure out a way to explain why the clones weren't around, and I felt like this chapter should be it's own.

I hope you liked it, nonetheless, and I hope you'll keep reading when the next chapter comes out! (It's probably gonna include some drama.)

Thank you, and goodnight! (Or morning/afternoon/evening, I dunno what time you're reading this. It's just night for me right now.) <3