Chapter 5

Chloe's P.O.V

"So Emily, do you swim?" I asked as Stacie and Beca went to change into the swimming costumes. Stacie always wore her purple bikini, Beca her black, I always wore a green and pink flowery one and Aubrey a red one.

"Uh, no not really." She sunk herself into the sand in embarrassment.

"You can't swim can you?" I teased her.

"No, never learnt." She bit her bottom lip nervously.

"You know who could teach you?" I said.

"Who?"

"Stacie. She swam for the state and came first. Swimming is like her walking." I explained.

"Yeah, maybe she could." Emily smiled and got straight back into her book.

"Hey Chloe." Aubrey ran up to me.

"Hey, where's Jesse in his trunks? Has he got abs?" I nudged her with a grin on my face.

"Oh yeah, he's got abs." The blonde pointed over to Jesse. He stood in his blue trunks with the boys. From worst abs to the best; Donald, Benji, Greg, Jesse then Luke.

'Hey Chlo, move away from Emily in about ten minutes, Stacie's gonna ask her out. ;)' -Beca

"So, Emily." I sat next to her.

"Yes Chloe." She smiled and nodded.

"Have you ever thought about your sexuality?" I asked. She flinched at the sudden outburst.

"Uh, yeah I guess so." She stuttered.

"And?" I continued.

"I don't think I'd ever date a girl. Just not my thing. Like I support gay rights and stuff, just going out with a girl isn't for me." The brunette explained. My jaw dropped and I immediately needed to stop Stacie before she had her heart broken.

"Yeah, I understand. Listen, I'm gonna go find Beca." I got up as soon as I saw Beca and Stacie. The tallest of the brunette's swiftly ran past me and sat next to Emily.

"Beca, you need to stop her." I grabbed onto her shoulders.

"Why?" She scoffed, looking over at Stacie.

"I just talked to Emily. She said that she's never date a girl." I shook her back to reality.

"What? You told her about Stacie?" Beca jumped to conclusions.

"No, I just asked her about her sexuality and she said that she'd never date a girl. You have to stop Stacie."

Stacie's P.O.V

"What's up Emily?" I plonked myself next to the younger brunette.

"Stacie." She nodded formally.

"Can I ask you something?" I became nervous.

"Yeah, go ahead." She smiled uncomfortably.

"Would you like to go out with me?" I asked slowly.

"Like a date?" She choked on her drink.

"Yeah, like a date." I giggled.

"No. I'm sorry, I just don't see you in that way." She apologised. My heart dropped into my stomach and tears formed in my eyelid.

"Are you crying?" Emily asked and patted away my tears.

"Nope, nope." I coughed down the tears and stood up. Chloe and Beca looked at me in regret and sorrow.