Chapter 15

January, 2015.

Day of Semi-Finals

Aubrey's P.O.V

"Hey, don't worry Bree. They're gonna get here." Jesse stopped me from pacing up and down backstage. "Plus, we've got six hours until the performance."

"I know, I'm just panicking." I held my head in my hands.

"Hey, hey look there they are." He pointed to the rest of the Majortones.

"Good. Good." I smiled. But I started to panic once I saw the rest of the group panicking.

"Bree. We have a problem." Chloe bit her lip.

"Yeah, we have to do three songs." Beca said.

"What? But we've only got two songs prepared." I started to breathe in and out quickly.

"Yeah. We know." Stacie said.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Don't worry, it was a surprise to everyone." Emily sighed.

"Okay. Okay. Well, what can we do?" I pulled out my travel notebook and pen.

"Well, it's a show choir completion. Hence, we don't have to do Acapella." Beca stated.

"And I have my guitar." Stacie pulled out her instrument from behind her.

"What can you play?" I asked Stacie.

"I'm a little rusty, but I could do Keep Holding On. It's my best piece. And I don't mind choreographing." She smiled.

"Yeah." I stammered. "Jesse and I will take lead."

"Okay." Beca clapped her hands. "Let's go practice."

---

"And first to the stage, The Barden Majortones."

Our first number was Beca's Mash-Up. Although I was flowing with nerves, I couldn't wait to take lead with Jesse.

I had to say, we looked cute in our new uniforms. Blue hoodies, black jeans, skater skirts or hot pants (knee high socks for skirts and hot pants) and black vans. Yeah, super cute. As for me, I chose the skater skirt. Stacie, as you could imagine, wore her black hot pants. Beca, jeans. Chloe, jeans. Emily, skirt.

Beca and Chloe took the front stage. We had two microphones and two mic stands.

[Chloe]

Oh, her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shining.
Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her tryin.
She's so beautiful. And I tell her everyday.

I stood in the back, doing my part in the harmony and watching the couple singing too each other.

[Beca]

Uh, Uh, I was thinkin' bout her, thinkin' bout me, thinkin' bout us, who we gonna be
[Chloe] (I know, I know, when I compliment her she won't believe me.)
Opened my eyes, and it was only just a dream.
[Chloe] (It's so, it's so, sad to think that she can't see what I see.)
[Chloe] (But every time she asks me "do I look okay, you know I'll say)
It was only just a dream.

We all broke into the simple choreography, Chloe and Beca moved towards each other, smiling.

[Chloe]

When I see your face,
[Beca] (So I traveled back down that road will she come back, no one knows.)
There's not a thing that I would change. Cause you're amazing, just the way you are.
[Beca] (I realized, it was only just a dream. it was only just a dream)