Chapter 17

Beca's P.O.V

It had been weeks since the incident. Stacie and I had healed. Trent and the two attackers had been arrested and expelled. And Stacie never stopped protecting me, or at least trying. Since then, nothing much has happened. Just a bunch of hospital visits. And a butt ton of moving houses.

Anyway, we were now approaching June and the finals. But there was one thing on Chloe's mind, Senior Prom. Ever since I got out of hospital, that's all that been on her mind. And today was the day they announced the Prom Queen and King nominees. To be honest, I was glad I wasn't in the same class as Chloe when they did announce it.

The speaker in our Spanish class muffled a little sound. "Hello students of Barden High." The Principal said, the sound still a little muffled. "Today is the most anticipated day for our Seniors. This years Senior Prom King nominees are. Jesse Swanson." I little jeer from him came from the back of the class. The next guy was one of the jocks. "And Rebeca Mitchell." I snapped my head up from my desk and my eyes widened. Of course the d*cks at the school would consider me a king.

"Hey, that's awesome." Stacie nudged me.

"Yeah." I replied quietly. If being gay wasn't bad enough, now the jocks had something else against me.

"And the nominees for Prom Queen." He carried on. "Aubrey Posen." I imagined a squeal coming from her. And I imagined Chloe nearing the edge of her seat. The next girl was someone we hadn't heard of. "And Anastasia Conrad."

"F*ck." She banged her head on the desk. I stifled my laughter. But apparently everyone else just couldn't keep it in. Stacie never liked her full name and had insisted to everyone that they call her Stacie. I patted her back with support.

The class past by pretty quickly and all I could think about was how sad Chloe would be. And I'm pretty sure Stacie would give up her position for Chloe, but Principal wouldn't allow it.

Stacie and I walked down the hallway to find Chloe. We hadn't come in contact with the jocks since that night, they had been suspended. And the attackers had been expelled and arrested. But of course, since I was nominated for Prom King, we'd definitely be in serious horse sh*t.

"Well, well, well if it isn't King Beca and the Damsel in distress, Miss Anastasia." They teased, grinning. They had a new front man since Trent was expelled. "How are the lesbos?" Stacie scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Piss off. What is your f*cking problem?" I yelled. "You put us in hospital, now what do you want?"

"We just wanted to say 'hi'." He chuckled. Behind him there were two jocks holding cups. He clicked his finger and they came to the front. Before we could run away, they jolted they cups forward and a wave of slushie covered or faces.

"Mm, blueberry. Tastes lovely, thank you." I said sarcastically, wiping the slush from my eyelids.

"Whatever Mitchell." He said in annoyance. They walked away and behind them stood Chloe and Aubrey.

"C'mon." Chloe took my hand and brought us into the girls bathroom. They tipped our head into the sinks and begun to wash the slush out of our hair.

"Chlo, I'm sorry about the Prom Queen thing. I'd give you my place if I could." Stacie said, trying to sit up but Aubrey kept pushing her back down. I looked over at Stacie, still trying to pry her way out of Aubrey's grip.

"Hey, it's fine." Chloe said solemnly. "As long as I still get to go to Prom." She smiled softly, but I could see in her eyes that she was upset.

"I will buy you a crown." I said once we got out of the bathroom. "Because you are my Queen. Okay?"