Chapter 8

Beca's P.O.V

"Are you nervous?" I asked Stacie over speaker phone.

"Why, why would I be nervous?" She stuttered back, she was in the car and driving to Emily's.

"Because, this is your first date with Emily." I confirmed.

"And? Doesn't mean I'm nervous Mitchell." She lied, she was totally nervous.

"Dude, your nervousness is smacking me in the face through the phone." I teased her.

"Dude, piss off. I'm more nervous about just seeing her homophobic Mom." She snorted.

"I mean who is homophobic in the 21st century?" I scoffed. "Does she know about her gay daughter?"

"Nope, we have to pretend that we're going on an A Capella group dinner." She chuckled.

"Sounds fun, have a great time at your A Capella group dinner." I joked and clicked my tongue through the phone.

"Thanks, I will." She blew raspberries through the phone.

"Good luck Conrad."

Stacie's P.O.V

I jumped out of the car, full of excitement and nervousness. Leaving my purse and phone in the car, I walked up Emily's driveway and approached the door. My hand trembled as I began to knock on the door.

"Stacie!" Emily appeared around the door. "You're actually on time."

"I know, I'm so proud of myself." I grinned at her deviously.

"Em!" I heard a stern voice from inside Emily's house.

"Yeah Mom." She quickly replied. Down the stairs came Mrs Katherine Junk.

"Have a nice time at your A Cappella dinner, I am so proud of you." She squeezed Emily's shoulder and kiss her forehead. "And you must be Stacie."

She put her hand out for me to shake, I took it and shook it firmly.

"I am. I'm Emily's driver for tonight." I smiled cheekily.

"Thank you for looking after my Emily, make sure she don't be eyeing up any of the those boys." Mrs Junk wagged her finger. I wanted to laugh so badly because I know Emily is gay.

"Oh don't worry Mrs Junk, she won't be, not on my watch." I sniggered, looking over at Emily. Once Mrs Junk closed the door, Emily and I ran of to the car. I started the engine as quick as possible to get away.

"And the coast is clear Miss Conrad, good job!" Emily laughed, winking at me. Emily wore a blue t-shirt and a pair of black high waisted jeans and black sandal wedges. I wore a grey t-shirt dress, leggings and black cowboy styled boots.

"Why thank you Miss Junk." I said, keeping my eye on the road.

"And where would we be going Miss Conrad?" She asked, smiling at me.

"To my Dad's restaurant." I replied, flicking my hair out of my eyes.

"Awesome. And then what?"

"My Mom and siblings are at my Grandma's so we have the house ourselves." I said, shaking my shoulders.

"Well, I am looking forward to that Stacie."

We got to the restaurant eventually.

"Table for two. Under the name, The Managers Daughter." I told the guy at the front door of the restaurant.

"Ah, he has put you down as Anastasia Conrad, would that be correct?" He grinned.

"F*ck of Jack." I put my middle finger up at him.