Chapter 18

Aubrey's P.O.V

"Stace, it's gonna be fine. Beca is like super math smart." I stammered trying to give the tall brunette confidence. "You-you will graduate." I smiled. She did her math test yesterday and was waiting for her results.

"Yeah, I know." She paced up and down the hall in between Chloe, Beca and Emily. "I'm just nervous." She smiled anxiously.

"Seriously dude, it's going to be fine." Beca reassured. "You're like super smart and stuff. And I'm like super smart and you know. Smart stuff." Beca rambled, banging her head against the locker.

"Babe, babe stop." Chloe pulled Beca away from the locker. The short brunette winced in pain, digging her head into Chloe's hair.

"Stacie, you're going to ace this test and go to Julliard." I smacked some sense into her. Not literally, it's a use of words.

"Mhm." She nodded with more confidence and a huge smile. I could see out of the corner of my eye Emily smiling at her too.

Both smiles deteriorated once Miss O'Malley walked out of the classroom with Stacie's make-up test.

"Miss Conrad." She said, handing over the test.

"Thank you." Stacie held the test close to her chest.

"Dude, freaking look at it." Beca demanded. Stacie bit her lip and took a glimpse at the test.

"I got an A minus. I'm f*cking graduating b*tches." She shouted at the top of her lungs. We all tried to stop her from doing her "happy" dance. One thing I did notice was Emily. She didn't look as happy as the rest of us. "Em, you okay?" Stacie asked, reaching out for her hand.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just gotta go toilet, lady issue's." She winked. "I'll catch up with you outside." She flashed a smile and walked to the toilet.

"Uhm, you guys go outside, I gotta pee." I smiled and followed Emily. I didn't need to pee, but Emily apparently had lady issues so I just stood outside and flicked through my phone. And there comes the flush.

"Oh, Jesus Aubrey." She held her hand to her heart in shock and stepped back. I'm surprised she didn't fall in the toilet.

"Emily, funny meeting you here." I knitted my eyebrows and smiled sarcastically.

"You followed me here. Wait, I swear I didn't hurt Stacie." She covered her face with her hands in defence.

"I know. You just looked sad back there." The side of my mouth curved up.

"Honestly, I'm fine Aubrey." Em shook her hands, once again, in defence. "Seriously Bree, I am fine."

"Uhuh, you're not fine." I shook my head in denial. "You can tell Aunty Bree. Okay, that sounded creepy but seriously Em, you can tell me."

"Well, you know, Stacie is graduating. I guess I'm just sad that she's going of to New York." She said sadly. "I know it's kind of selfish, but in a way I kind of wish she didn't pass the test. In the best way possible, I just wish she'd stay in school with me and then we could go to wherever she wanted."She shrugged.

"Okay, but you two are gonna be fine. You've got vacations, weekends. And FaceTime." I explained.

"Yeah, I know. But I'm just gonna miss her." She pursed her lips and made eye contact with me.

"If it helps, I'm gonna miss her too. And whilst Jesse is staying here I'm moving to Conneticut to go to Yale. Chloe is going to LA and God knows where Beca will end up. Knowing her she'll end up hosting raves in the dessert somewhere." I waved my arms all over the place. "Not gonna sugar-coat it or anything but we're literally all going our separate ways and we're going to have to be fighters to keep our relationships up and running." I said and she just wrapped her arms around me and gave me a hug.