Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Avian Burn's Point of View

This freaking attraction is out of control. True to his words, I saw Kagan waiting at the gate of the university. Nang nakita niya akong pababa ng taxi mula sa hospital ay tumayo ito mula sa pagkaupo at kumaway sa akin. He showed his sweet smile, still raising his hands. When did I transition from hanging out with Klaude to his twin brother Kagan?

"Kanina ka pa ba naghihintay?" ito ang naging bungad ko sa kanya nang makalapit ako sa pwesto ni Kagan.

"If two hours is considered too long, then yes." He said while grinning. If he waited for me for two hours, he must start waiting at precisely six in the evening.

"Hindi ko naman alam na seryoso ka pala sa sinabi mo kagabi. The word see you was a little vague." I thought he was just kidding when he told me that last night. Pero tinotoo ito ni Kagan kaya naman ay nasa harapan ko na ang binata.

"Oo nga pala Kagan, hindi ko dala ang jacket na pinahiram mo sa akin kagabi. I didn't wash it yet. I'll give it back to you once I'm done washing your jacket."

"It's okay. You can give it to me next time." Kagan looked like he didn't care whether I gave him his jacket or not.

"Come on." He raises his arms as if saying I should follow him. My plan was to change my shirt first in the dormitory but Kagan seemed to be in a hurry. Kaya wala na akong nagawa at sinundan siya papunta kung saan niya pinark ang kanyang kotse. The Grimaldi must be filthy rich. Kagan has his own car at his age.

"Do you like burgers?" He asked me when he positioned himself in the driver's seat.

"Not my favorite, but I eat burgers occasionally," I answered. I watched Kagan start the ignition and start the car.

"Make a fist," he said. And I did.

"The burger size is bigger than your fist."

"So you waited for me for two hours so you could eat a burger?"

"Don't ruin this for me, Avian. I wanted to eat their burger couple meal, that's why I need you. Plus, this is my way to know more about you." I don't know if I will laugh or be serious about what he said. But he sounded so excited that I shut my mouth. He's really serious about us getting to know each other, huh?

"How good is their burger that you must bring a plus one?"

"Too good to the point you will forget your name."

The car ride lasted for one hour, not until he slowed down and parked the car near the place he was talking about. I wasn't expecting anything, but when Kagan and I entered the place, I was shocked at how cozy the site was. I thought it would be packed with people but thank goodness it wasn't. Bilang lang sa kamay ang nasa loob. There's trance-like music playing in the background. Iginiya niya ako papasok sa loob at naupo kaming dalawa sa high stool. Kagan sat beside me, and since the space was crowded, our legs touched each other.

The place is like a bar where you can see them cooking your food. I can feel my stomach grumbling from the thought of food. Even the place smelled buttery and meaty. I couldn't wait to taste the burger that Kagan wanted me to try. Kagan asked me what I wanted to eat, yet I only told him I wanted to try that couple meal he's been talking about. Nakita ko ang paglaki ng ngiti niya nang sinabi ko iyon. When he started ordering, I noticed how lively Kagan was.

"I'm sorry that I just dragged you here, Avian." Baling niya sa akin nang matapos na niyang sabihin ang order namin dalawa. Pero wala sa pagkain ang atensiyon ko kundi sa magkadikit naming hita.