Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Avian Burn's Point of View

"How are you Avian? Nagsimula ka na ba maghanap ng pwede pong pasukan para sa'yong on the job training?" Mrs. Smith asked while looking at me attentively. Hindi ko alam kung saan ko ibabaling ang ulo ko kaya napakamot na lang ako sa aking pisngi. She is a middle-aged woman that has been teaching for like twenty-five years already. She is also my current adviser.

"Pinatawag kita dito sa office ko dahil mukhang ikaw na lang ang wala pang napipiling host company." She nonchalantly said. I clasped my hands together and rested them on my lap.

"Is college tough, Avian? Do you need some help? I can write some recommendations about you. You need to start now, or else you'll fall behind." I nodded my head. The pressure started to sink inside my system. I should start looking for a hosting company, or I'll be stuck. I should catch up.

"That would be unnecessary, Mrs. Smith. I'm in the process of looking for the best host company. I'll give you an update once I already find one." I smiled a little to assure her everything was under my control, even if it was not. Tumingin naman siya sa akin na mukhang hindi naniniwala sa sinabi ko.

"Are you sure you don't want any help?" Yes. Help would be awesome, but I don't want to concern myself with others. I've been living independently for years now, and letting other people in is unnecessary.

"I can take care of this, Mrs. Smith. Thank you very much."

"Fine. Youngsters today always wanted to figure things out on their own. Good luck, Avian. Report to me as soon as you find a hosting company." I heard her sigh and put her hands on her table. She clasped it, still looking at me. I fidgeted in my seat, starting to get uncomfortable.

"Mauuna na po ako." Sabi ko na lang at mahigpit hinawakan ang jacket na pinahiram sa akin ni Kagan last week at mabilis na umalis sa loob ng kanyang office. I've been holding Kagan's jacket since I left the dormitory. Baka sakaling makasalubong ko siya sa loob ng campus ay maibalik ko ito agad. The university is huge, the probability of seeing Kagan coincidentally here is small and I took that chance. I don't want something in my room that will remind me of Kagan. That jerk! Balak ko sana na itapon ko na lang itong jacket niya pero bigla akong nanghinayang. For sure this jacket cost a lot based from its fabric.

Last week was good but that's just it. When I waited for him that night and didn't show up, I realized that I was ghosted by him. Kinapa ko ang aking sarili para malaman kung ano ang dapat kong maramdaman. I'll say that I was a bit disappointed but I'm not expecting anything. Kaya naman madali ko lang itong nakalimutan. Lalo na nang makita ko siya sa hospital kahapon.

Hindi ko na rin sinabi kay Klaude na nakasama ko ang kanyang kapatid ng dalawang gabi. Kagan and I clicked at instant and that's it. Sa tingin ko ay hindi na masusundan ang sunod namin pagkikita. If I gave his jacket back then we will part our ways. At kung hindi ko pa siya makita ay ibibigay ko na lang ito kay Klaude. I couldn't even remove from my mind the way he looked at me when we accidentally met at the hospital. There's sharpness in his eyes and his tone seems irritated. I don't need to be smart to realize that he was in a bad mood.

Without wasting more time, I've decided to surf the internet and look for available jobs nearby the university. Para akong nabuhayan ng may makita akong post na naghahanap ng intern. The post didn't elaborate on the job description, but it's worth trying. The place is within walking distance from school so I'll go there now. I saved the address on my phone and started to leave the campus.

Am I in the right place?

Naitanong ko na lang sa aking sarili habang nakatingin sa tatlong palapag na building sa aking harapan. The place looked like it was abandoned for years. The place is eerie and quiet and just spooky. There is a small sign that says SHADE at the top of the glass door. Tatalikod na sana ako dahil mukhang mali ang napuntahan kong lugar pero may napansin akong nakapaskil na bond paper sa may glass door.